Laguna DD/Weekend Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Smilies would look killer. Have you looked into a bulb that doesn't appear orange behind the clear lenses but still blinks orange? I've been meaning to try to find some ever since I did my clear turns. Currently my bulbs blink a weird yellowish white.

They sell them on BavAuto. STEALTH 1157 indicators. I'm sure you can get them cheaper on ebay.

"Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      I'm looking forward to seeing the weaves on it! Looks proper as it sits already.
      I just ordered some new rubber for them too, so it'll be riding proper as well. Next step is the H&R Cabrio Cup kit I ordered. Cabrio Sport springs and KYB shocks/struts. Should give me a modest inch, maybe inch and a half drop.

Comment

Looking miiiiint.

Now all we need is moar low.

Comment

^ Give the springs some time to settle. Grab some e90 drop hats if you want. I have the exact same setup and my height is a little lower than yours.

Next thing on your list should be some Hella H4 conversion low beams! They plug right into the sealed beam harness with no crazy shit needed - it's a 100% upgrade from sealed beams for next to no cost... get them on the autozone website for the lowest price. Search until you find them. They're there.

Where did you get your weaves painted? Aka how much? I want to have mine color matched to my car. the local place charges around $100/wheel

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            ^ Give the springs some time to settle. Grab some e90 drop hats if you want. I have the exact same setup and my height is a little lower than yours.

Where did you get your weaves painted? Aka how much? I want to have mine color matched to my car. the local place charges around $100/wheel
            I actually haven't put springs and shocks in just yet! They're on the way, but that's just how it sits right now.

For the wheels, I had a buddy paint them for me, free of charge. Rattle can job.

Comment

Got some exhaust work done because I got very tired of the quiet stock exhaust.

Cat delete with a Magnaflow 12158 2.5" with a Scorpion style wide tip. Custom jobbie at a local exhaust shop so they routed new piping and dumped the old rotted out piping. Sounds mean and loud.

While I was under the lift as they were showing me, discovered my control arm bushings are kaput and I have a leak at either one of the oil cooler lines or the oil filter housing, so joy. I'll just have to clean it up under there and try to pinpoint where the leak is at, top up the oil every so often until I'm arsed to fix it. Control arms and little suspension bits are first on the list.
              Last edited by UlrichFennec; 08-12-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Time for a small refresh. The control arms, outer tie rods and CABs are what were going to go on the last vert. Good thing I saved them. Hate to waste new parts. My H&R cabrio sport springs came and shocks/struts came in a while back and I think now that the weather is nicer, it's a good time for a drop. Just need shock mounts and later on, TA bushings and subframe bushings.

I think the 1.3" drop will fill up the gap pretty nicely.

Comment

1.3" will be perfect. Going too low/stiff on 'verts just seems to make the chassis and cowl flex that much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                    1.3" will be perfect. Going too low/stiff on 'verts just seems to make the chassis and cowl flex that much worse.
                    Truth. I also appreciate my oil pan being intact since they hang pretty low to begin with. CDOT is garbage with patching up potholes out here and I don't want to lose my clearance by much or smack anything underneath.

Comment

And everything is in! Rear shock mounts were absolutely toast, so we replaced those along with the fronts. A little rake, but the springs probably just need to settle. Also might just be the fresh mounts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	14141619_1798517113761007_8806186416916736831_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	7188354

So it's been a bit since I've really done anything with the E30 since it got dropped. It's basically been little nitpicks here and there. Light bulbs, trim pieces, etc...

Someone smacked into my left rear quarter panel, so now I've got a series of small dents there. So much for a new paint job, lol. Oh well. I embrace the rattiness that is my vert. There's so many scratches and rock chips...clear coat fading that I legit do not care at this point. BATTLE SCARS! ;D

But there's been a little oil leak coming from the front of the motor. Looks like one of the lines from the oil cooler bit the dust and it's dribbling all over my splash shield on the right side. Should be an easy job to replace both lines, or just bypass the cooler entirely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14141545_1798513560428029_980213954306387487_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	7188350

Also, the intake boot I replaced somehow sprouted a huge crack, so I have one on order from ECS coming. While I was inspecting, I found that my line from the FPR to the topside of the intake manifold was brittle and falling apart. Practically on its last leg. Replaced it at an AutoZone and chucked it.

Beyond little things and nitpicks, the only thing I'll be doing next is putting on the winter bottlecaps and selling my basketweaves, since I'm honestly so tired of cleaning them. I just want some nice five spokes with a decent offset.

Comment

^ I've thought about a set of style 10s since they are OEM quality, correct fitment, and 15 inch. But the weaves just look so much better!

I will eventually want a set of Borbet A's but would have to drop the front of the car even more to pull it off. But only another inch...or two ;)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

So we've got all the leaks situated.

The oil cooler lines are fresh now, so I'm not puking oil everywhere. So the gearbox leak was the selector shaft seal, so that's been done and everything is nice and tight again! It's a little weird not having my shifter wobbling about when I'm in neutral or in gear. I guess I'm just not used to having things be the way they're supposed to be.

Flushed the brake system for the winter, since I neglected to do that since I had it, changed up the oil viscosity back to 10w40 too for the cold. Unfortunately, when I brought it to my indie, they smacked my iS lip in half getting it on the alignment rack since it's lowered, so they're replacing it for me free of charge. I've currently got the stock lip that I used to have on my old glescherblau vert.

Kinda makes me happier because now my old, wrecked up vert lives on in my new one. Last thing that I really want to do for now is convert to ellipsoids and then get some new wheels.

WOOHOO NO MORE LEAKS

Comment

Nice convertible. You got your's even cheaper than I got mine! :up:

Comment

My friends lagunengrun e30 had a silver valence from a parts car. I went to Autozone and looked through their OEM paint cans, I think it was a General Motors green. But it matched really really well. Just give your car a quick mask off and hit that sucker with some green paint. It'll take 30 minutes and it'll look so much better.

AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X