No announcement yet.

>>Finally repaired my rusty ass valence>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Ed! I need to do the same thing.
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
      Very nice Ed! I need to do the same thing.
      Thanks, I never knew you had rust there, I've been wanting to get this done long ago but never had the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessE30
        As is with the rocker panel section of the front fenders. :(
        werd, i've got a little of both. egk2, could i ask you for a couple tips sometime? Eventually i'm going to refinish my rockers and the small (painted) section of the front fender right above the rocker panel. is it going to be hard to get the latter part to look good? the paint matching/blending issues leave me with some doubt. thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96
          werd, i've got a little of both. egk2, could i ask you for a couple tips sometime? Eventually i'm going to refinish my rockers and the small (painted) section of the front fender right above the rocker panel. is it going to be hard to get the latter part to look good? the paint matching/blending issues leave me with some doubt. thanks
          Sure, I don't claim to know everything but you can pm me with any
          questions when you're ready and I'll do my best to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
            Thanks, I never knew you had rust there, I've been wanting to get this done long ago but never had the time.
            Yeah, mines in the beginning stages...but might as well get it before it spreads. Certainly doesn't get any better.
            Trevor Ely
            '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
            '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96

paint up to the side moldings, it'll be harder to notice the color difference as there will only be 2 little spots where new paint touches old, and you can just wet sand the taped line and then buff, and it'll look blended. easy as pie

Comment

rust? what's that?

I love living on the west coast :D

as far as the valance, mine isn't rusty, but it's dented.. I want to cover it with an mtech2 rear apron anyway, so no biggie.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                  rust? what's that?

I love living on the west coast :D

as far as the valance, mine isn't rusty, but it's dented.. I want to cover it with an mtech2 rear apron anyway, so no biggie.
                  I Por-15'd the rust a while ago and was just going to cover the rear valence
                  with an aftermarket one but then I would need side skirts so we repaired it,
                  rust is gone for now not hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
                    Very very common spot for rust on an e30.
                    I have the exact same rust spot on my car. Yours came out very nice. I have to do the same thing in a few months. It's good to see the process. Also, I wouldn't have known to use chip paint.
                    1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                    Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG
                      I have the exact same rust spot on my car. Yours came out very nice. I have to do the same thing in a few months. It's good to see the process. Also, I wouldn't have known to use chip paint.
                      I'm not surprised, I rarely see an e30 w/o rust in that spot or in any spot
                      for that matter. The rocker paint is key, I wanted the rear valence to look
                      stock again.

Comment

Great work Ed!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

if you going to paint it at least paint the entire thing dont do it half assed just like your car.

Comment

Originally posted by typhong_e30
                            if you going to paint it at least paint the entire thing dont do it half assed just like your car.
                            What douche? Read the original post, paint has to cure before I finish
                            the bottom in black, the way it came from the factory. Who the fuck are you anyway?

Comment

Have you guys read some of this douchebag's posts?

azn e30's yo= corny

Comment

ha, most of this guy's posts are about stretching tires. The ghost of AndreNY past has come to haunt us once again.

Originally posted by whysimon
                                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                                X