Project Slap a Hoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Slap a Hoe

So I have had this car for a few years now. Never really had any interest in doing stuff to it.. I got it on a trade for building a rally spec cage in a DSM then gave the car to my girl friend to drive. She drove it around for about 2 years till we thought it blew a head gasket so it got parked for about 6 months before I decided to check it out cause I wanted to go do cookies and burn outs.

After looking into it and realize it was not a bad head gasket I started to thinking about building the car up.. No now here I am pay check to pay check and day after day working on this car like a drug.

So far i have done a bit to the car with out any photos just stories but the plan is to redo this car inside and out.. Also as i do this build just for my own knowledge and with out relying on he said she said I have done a few things up to this point just because I was curious.

I will try to do as many photos and videos as I can cause I know most people hate reading and photos are better.

Here is a pic of the car and my side side kick that does all the work.

As of right now the car is apart in my shop..

I will go though my photos to update to the point Im at with it now.

This is after ground control suspension and 17" wheels. No photos of the install but will update later on when i get to redoing the suspension again.

Comment

Decided I wanted to turbo it. So as it sits its in that process.

I finished up my turbo setup installed and put it on the dyno for testing and to make sure everything I did was good before really tearing into it to build the motor.

I was curious to see what it would do fairly stock with 60mill turbo, 24lb injectors and cam and stock fuel system. Tuned maxed out at 12psi it was a whopping 181hp and 280fpq at 3800rpm.. Injectors were maxed out and hitting their limit and clutch was slipping.

VIDEO OF CAR RUNNING
      1.2K views, 81 likes, 0 loves, 27 comments, 3 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Drew Anthony: For those of you that care to hear it run.

So the fun begins
      Last edited by ThrobbinHood; 10-31-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

"I" head, waiting to go to the shop to get all cleaned up and setup for my build. Once I get it back ill post up the specs.

Head studs

Cleaned the tranny up and bought a spec stage 3.5 clutch setup

B27 block with forged h81 crank and flat top pistons and ARP Studs.

This is how the car is as of now.. I should have parts showing up for the next few weeks as I get into painting everything and putting the motor back together.

Comment

Welcome to r3v
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks..

Comment

Sweet build, my future plans! 327i + turbo
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

I like your exhaust
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Whats a cookie???
                  88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
                    Whats a cookie???
                    Probably the same thing as a donut lol

Comment

that dump is stupid. butchered a nice car and apron.

Typical S13 owner approach to modifying.
                      Boris - 89 E30 325i
                      84- E30 323i

Comment

came here for hoes, left semi disappointed except for the pie cut exhaust. Looks clean.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                        Ig:ryno_pzk
                        I like the tuna here.
                        Originally posted by lambo
                        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                          that dump is stupid. butchered a nice car and apron.

Typical S13 owner approach to modifying.
                          It's different, it's not butchered. It looks pretty cool. Every E30 shouldn't look the same like many purists believe.

Comment

I might run a exhaust system through the cabin and exit it out the drives door through the middle of the skin, then hook it up to a coffee machine so I can make coffee while im drifting.

because that's different its considered fine to your logic.

Hes bored a stupid hole in the apron for no reason, could of easily shot it south like a normal person and side vented it under the sill. I'm sure the passenger will appreciate not being able to put their window down because they are choking on exhaust fumes.

kids.
                            Boris - 89 E30 325i
                            84- E30 323i

Comment

Dropped my head off at the machine shop today. Head looks to be in good shape so they are going to do some minor porting on the exhaust side. Been trying to find some stronger rocker arms if anyone knows of a company that has some in stock.

My connecting rods should be here next week so I can get the block put back together. Goal is to have the motor back together by the end of this month. I will try and upload some more photos tonight after i go out and clean some parts up and snap some pics..

As far as hating my exhaust. Its not your car. I'm not building my car to satisfy other peoples tastes. And if you want to hate because your so true to e30s or BMW's but your painting your car an Audi Red instead of a vin matched paint.

:?

Comment

Working...
                              X