Not a bimmer, but sure looks lovely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bimmer, but sure looks lovely!

My buddy's dad picked up a Kit car Speedster. His original is in the shop getting some work done, but on the meantime they picked this up to tool around in.

sigpic

His dad has an ORIGINAL Speedster? What year?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

see the ferrari in the garage? i don't doubt its an original! looks legit.

Comment

rich fathers ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce
          see the ferrari in the garage? i don't doubt its an original! looks legit.
          That's a 308 in the garage (~$25k for a pristine one). Not saying it's not a badass car, but it's just not up there with a $100k Speedster.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Magnum P.I. ftw!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

What kind of kit? Intermeccanica, Beck?
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

THe ferrari is an actual 308, not a kit car, the only kit car they have is the red speedster you see. I believe they purchased the kit from JPS, I starts with JP something but I forgot. It's actually HIS original speedster, and not his dad. He's also go ta 79 I believe 5 series that's a baby blue color. Should have it out there at the concourse on the 23rd of this month. He's the one that got me hooked on all these classic cars so my next car might be a Kit car speedster :)
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

I'd like a Spyder myself.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

awesome, what did the kit go for? ~$30k?

VW powered?
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
                      awesome, what did the kit go for? ~$30k?

VW powered?
                      All pre 911 Porsches were oil cooled flat 4 cylinders, therefore they were all "VW" motors. Although I do believe the original speedster came with a Type IV flat 4.

Which had about 140hp. But don't quote me on it.

Comment

My dad used to own a hanger with a guy that had a speedster. that thing is fucking gorgeous, and he has owned it longer than I have been alive.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybpp
                          All pre 911 Porsches were oil cooled flat 4 cylinders, therefore they were all "VW" motors. Although I do believe the original speedster came with a Type IV flat 4.

Which had about 140hp. But don't quote me on it.
                          I think he meant in the kit...
                          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by german g
                            I think he meant in the kit...
                            What I was saying is that if its a kit or the real deal, the motor is VW style motor. One and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybpp
                              What I was saying is that if its a kit or the real deal, the motor is VW style motor. One and the same.
                              yea, but my old flat 4 vw motor made a whopping 46 hp, never seen a stock one makeing that much power, must just be in the old porches i guess.
                              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Working...
                              X