No announcement yet.

320is replica cl find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got the car today. And it's not just any s14 either, it has a 2.5 turner stroker kit in it! Happy days! Pulled the head to check it all out, so far only the cam tray is damaged.
    Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
    2000 M5 Winter beater
    1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
    1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
        A real 320is is kind of a big deal in e30 land. Prices already approaching e30 M3. Like this example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161932401836?rmvSB=true
        There was a 320is for sale on my local CL (LA area) and it was going for $40k+! It was really clean and I believe everything was original apart from lowering it, can't remember it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
          Looks like the car will be arriving Sunday, and thanks to r3v, I might have a camtray coming too.

First tasks will be to remove hood and remove head. I will try to stay focused on getting the engine repaired and running before I tackle anything else. I have found if you start pulling everything apart the task of finishing the car becomes daunting. That being said I am not a fan of the 16' TSW wheels and will be selling those and fitting either 15' basket weaves or my 16' Hartges.
          if you sell the weaves and go with the Hartge's, LMK
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Holy shit, a 2.5? Did the guy selling it even know what he had? Looks like a killer find, make her proud again :)

Comment

Wow, you weren't kidding about that cam tray! Don't worry, I send a really nice one your way. Expect it by the week's end.
              world renown Harry Potter expert
              sigpic

Comment

I saw this and emailed the guy, but didn't have the cash for it....wish I had scraped it together though, looks like you got an awesome car!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_ar View Post
                  Its not only called a 2.0, it really is a 2.0.

A guy who runned in the local trackdays had one of those, it really sounds awesome for a 4cyl engine.
                  yes it does, congrats OP you won't want to dip below 4500rpm once it's all buttoned up
                  My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                  1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                  IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                  1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Thanks guys I am really excited about the car.

Another bonus was I saw the lower half of the airbox looked a little beefier than my stock one back in aus, so I typed in the BMW part number on it into google : 1312330

Its a Evo 2 larger airbox. Stoked. This car keeps coming up with little surprises.

No the seller did not know what he had but when he was packing up the car he found receipts in the trunk and emailed me telling me it may have a stroker kit fitted.

Don't worry the seller made a good profit on this car, he kept saying to me "you don't want to know what I paid for it". I have a feeling he would have only paid a $1000 or so.

The VRS is ordered, off a Sport Evo VIN, and the head is getting sent to the machine shop . I am shopping around for cams, maybe schrick 284/276.
                    2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                      Wow, you weren't kidding about that cam tray! Don't worry, I send a really nice one your way. Expect it by the week's end.
                      Thanks mate, I will def be voting for you for Pres.

Will pick it up next week from the parcel pickup in Point Roberts. What should I do for a receipt if they ask at the border?
                      2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
                        Thanks mate, I will def be voting for you for Pres.

Will pick it up next week from the parcel pickup in Point Roberts. What should I do for a receipt if they ask at the border?
                        What is the standard procedure for buying used parts? Is this something I can whip up in Microsoft Word and scan it over to you or???
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                          What is the standard procedure for buying used parts? Is this something I can whip up in Microsoft Word and scan it over to you or???
                          Just print the paypal transaction notice. The border really doesnt care as long as you're honest. 50/50% chance they will have you pay taxes on it.
                          Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Whenever I cross the border with parts all they want to see is a "bill of sale". Need both party's names and signatures, date, a selling price and a way to contact the seller to confirm the sale price if necessary. That's it. You can get the seller to agree to write down a significantly lower sale price to avoid paying much taxes if it comes to that...

Comment

Thanks to preshkid, got my vote for president:

Got hit with $65 at the border but all in all better than buying new from BMW.

So it will be off to the the machine shop tomorrow.

Next step is cams. Its actually almost a must to go bigger cams with this engine as teh increased capacity and compression will cause knock with a stock head and intake.

Oh and I dropped the lower oil pan and found the block is fitted with genuine Sport Evo oil squirters, so the block is also a genuine Sport Evo block. You can see one at the top of this pic:

2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Wow, I love this thing. I love s14s in non-m cars.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X