Newbie from Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Puerto Rico

Hey guys, this is my first post here. A month ago I just got my first E30 and I just love it despite it still has some rough edges. It is a 1989 325i sedan which I thought it was a bummer because I wanted a coupe with a manual but for the price this was by far the best example I could find. The previous owner took the car to the shop for a rack and pinion and muffler repair but he lost his job and it was unable to pay the invoice. The car was at the shop for some 8 months before he finally decided to just sell the car. It is pretty well documented and was pretty well maintained by the previous owners but it is very notable that all that time abandoned at the shop took his toll.

I will start with the good stuff first:
    - The car is driveable condition, it stars and runs pretty well
    - It doesn’t smoke and it doesn’t have any noticeable leaks
    - The overall interior is excellent (The dash is not cracked which is a rare find). Seats and headliner show some age but they look good. The only exception is the glovebox which is broken.
    - Transmission shifts smoothly
    - There's a ton of new parts on the car (basically all the cooling system is new along with the rack and pinion and some other parts).
    - Air conditioning blows cold which in the caribbean heat is a big plus
    - The car was repainted but I couldn't find signs of previous crash damage

Not let's go with the bad stuff:
    - Bumper trim is missing in the rear and the passenger side of the front
    - The car was repainted but it has some damage from bird droppings
    - Odometers gears are broken and it needs the si board batteries replaced too, the instrument cluster just doesn't work properly
    - It needs the timing belt replacement very very soon
    - A few days ago I just discovered a rust spot in the rear bumper (it didn't had rust in the more critical areas)
    -Front speakers are busted

Overall, I would say is a 6.5/10. It needs some work but I just paid $1,800 for it which I still think is a steal specially considering is a late model.

Let's go with the photos:

Future plans?, well…for now I will concentrate on addressing all those issues specially the rust spot and the timing belt replace. I’m toying the idea of doing a manual transmission swap but I’m not really sure, I did a manual trans swap on my previous Mazda3 and it ended in nightmare. I would like to do a total suspension upgrade (shocks, springs, all bushings etc) with a nice wheel/tire package. On the exterior maybe a front lip and a rear spoiler.

Thanks for such a warm welcome :D

Comment

Nice looking car, I love me some delphin. It appears to be a very good starting point.
      Do the trans swap, it's def worth it and there's a lot of info and support for it.

And welcome to r3v!

Comment

great start!

COTM

Comment

Looks nice, awesome color!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Thanks guys!, I really appreciate it

I just did my first mod yesterday, blacked-out grille

Comment

Welcome!
              Car looks good!
              Check out the guys at WestBavariaMotorwerke. Best Shop in Puerto Rico for E30's!
              West Bavaria Motorwerke, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. 1,322 likes · 468 were here. EURO SERVICE, MAINTENANCE AND TUNING
              sigpic
              1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
              1987 325ic Black Vert
              1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
              1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

You need trim, so you might as well buy a full euro trim set. Makes a big difference
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
                  Welcome!
                  Car looks good!
                  Check out the guys at WestBavariaMotorwerke. Best Shop in Puerto Rico for E30's!
                  https://www.facebook.com/West-Bavari...0540262665286/
                  Thanks a lot!, I just liked the page on facebook. I hope visit you guys soon, I'm from Carolina so I'm pretty close from there

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    You need trim, so you might as well buy a full euro trim set. Makes a big difference
                    Thanks!

I will take a look before making a decision on the trim

Comment

Bienvenido
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X