Was lucky enough to pick up a beautiful, lower mileage, alpine convertible this last week. It is a '92 auto (yeah, I know) with only 91k miles on a working odo and I am now the 4th owner. The car is pretty much 100% all original as it came from the factory, except for the husco armrest. The automatic top DOES, in fact, work. The top mechanicals have been refreshed and it has a newer canvas top.

The PO was a customer at the BMW dealership I work at and came in to pick up a new 335i. After learning he had an e30 to sell, I was asked to look at it and help him value it. I agreed to come look at the car and help him before it goes up for sale. Except after getting texted a picture and hearing "only 90k miles", it turned into "I might want this car" as I've wanted a late vert for awhile. I went down to see him a few days later to view the car. He had owned the car 8 years, purchasing the car with about 64k miles on it. He was an older man who always garaged it and was very meticulous with maintenance and saved receipts for any work he had done on it. After getting a test drive, I left with ideas in my head. I came back early that next morning with cash in hand, and drove it back home through Portland with the top down on a beautiful 80 degree day.

The plan is to pull off a few select parts off my sedan and put them on the vert, including the wheels and swapping the suspension. It had timing belt, water pump, and many other things done to it 5k miles ago, with receipts to prove it. Currently on my sedans' wheels as the seller kept the wheels it had, but it will get better wheels in the future as this car definitely deserves them. Thinking of getting a set of staggered Schmidts. I will miss a 5spd so hopefully that swap will come in the future

Now onto pics. Don't have many good ones yet, but I'll get my camera out once the suspension is swapped on from my sedan.

Original picture I saw of the car

Picking it up

Few shots now that it's home

Wheels, badge and smoked turns from off the sedan