The Resurrection of the VertVert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Resurrection of the VertVert

Here's my retiremennt project...a 1992 325iC. A car that is pretty good cosmetically but needs a lot of attention to systems. I was truly happy to get this away from it's original owners who made the car a victim of neglect through incompetence. To save money they took the car to shops that couldn't even spell BMW. Now I get to unravel wiring kludges, restore missing and broken clips and fasteners, and have already excised a Godawful cheapie Alpine deck that was plugging the DIN hole in the dash and not much else, in favor of a CD43 Business radio. They even had a shop replace the Getrag 260 with a junkyard unit (I shudder to think what the owners did to the original tranny)...and the shop didn't even check the oil level! 2/3 quart low when I checked, hence a howl in 1st through 3rd. This car will keep me busy for years!.

Last edited by PKile; 04-12-2016, 09:37 PM. Reason: verdamt Photobucket not working

Looks like a decent start! Yeah POs are dumb, and do stupid stuff ugh.
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

God I love Laguna, have fun working on this thing!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

I'll be looking forward to seeing her come back to life. The body looks straight, no?
        -Nick
        Originally posted by 87e30
        First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty straight and all the panel VINs match. My Carfax showed an accident in 2004 and when pressed the PO said a minivan stopped in the middle of a turn and the vert ran into it. That explains why one of the oil cooler mounts was broken and why the valence grille was missing. It also has one US grille and one Euro grille...go figure!

Comment

Great retirement project, after 20 yrs of owner ship, I did the same with mine. Full restomod.even same color.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PKile View Post
              Yeah, it's pretty straight and all the panel VINs match. My Carfax showed an accident in 2004 and when pressed the PO said a minivan stopped in the middle of a turn and the vert ran into it. That explains why one of the oil cooler mounts was broken and why the valence grille was missing. It also has one US grille and one Euro grille...go figure!
              A clean body with matching VIN's is always what I look for when I'm e30 shopping, the mechanical things can always be fixed. Nice find, looks like you'll have something to keep you busy :D

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
              X