No announcement yet.

May 2016 Car of the Month - Cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, this is seriously impressive. To rescue a car from the grave, strip it down to literally nothing, and then end up with this as the end result is beyond amazing. Bravo, sir.

Comment

One of the better builds on r3v. Beautiful car!
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

That's Gucci!

Comment

Love it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
            Love it
            So you wouldn't list it. :P
            Originally posted by KyleDriver View Post
            Damn, this is seriously impressive. To rescue a car from the grave, strip it down to literally nothing, and then end up with this as the end result is beyond amazing. Bravo, sir.
            Thx. I think everyone should experience this process at least once. no free money and no free time for almost 2 years is a growing experience. then when people ask, you about your car at a dinner, you just say "ya i built it" then move on and watch they faces.

But i have to owe this build to xworks, "minor rust repair"
            after reading his thread for years, i knew i had to restore a car the best i could. i'm not as patient as him but his inspiration is what got me through the last 30%
            Much wow
            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Very nice build. I've been working on mine for 2 1/2 years and what is funny is when I find parts I purchased and I forgot all about it because they been in my closet for so long.
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

What a fantastic shot. Hang this on your wall.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

20K at paint and maxed out credit cards?? that's mental! Something I was taught was to use your own money to restore a car, then you own it every process and not left with a debt at the end.

I sympathize with you not having free time, im two years into my resto and 6 months into re-assembly and im growing tired of trying to find time and hitting walls of "i need this before I can put this on"

cracking colour you've chosen!
                  Boris - 89 E30 325i
                  84- E30 323i

Comment

If you are at picnic again this year I need to ride in your car, maybe it will help me decide if I should dynamat everything or not.

I just remember taking door panels off, especially in a coupe, and the rear panels there is a dinky piece of foam deadening, and thats it.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by SSE30 View Post
                      What a fantastic shot. Hang this on your wall.
                      Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                      Very nice build.
                      Thank you guys for the compliments.

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                      I've been working on mine for 2 1/2 years and what is funny is when I find parts I purchased and I forgot all about it because they been in my closet for so long.
                      Originally posted by bangn View Post
                      I sympathize with you not having free time, im two years into my resto and 6 months into re-assembly and im growing tired of trying to find time and hitting walls of "i need this before I can put this on"
                      cracking colour you've chosen!
                      Dont give up!!! Re-assembly is the hardest part to stay motivated. Stick with it guys. just do a little every day and drag a friend over one a weekend and you can power through a lot.

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      If you are at picnic again this year I need to ride in your car, maybe it will help me decide if I should dynamat everything or not.

I just remember taking door panels off, especially in a coupe, and the rear panels there is a dinky piece of foam deadening, and that's it.
                      i would let you drive her but we are flying up this year. i have an internship and can't take off the 2 extra days needed to drive up.
                      the dynamat helps a little but it really isn't that good. i've seen people use expanding foam in the rear and i bet that does the best sound deadening.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

final day bump! haha
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                        X