Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

formyhealth - 1991 318is Build Thread - now with 1000% more 1JZ-GTE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Wilwoods will be fantastic (39)
    Looking forward to testing them soon Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      Shazam Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Ooooolala those are fancy!!
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
          Ooooolala those are fancy!!
          Thanks! These are from Lee at Massive Brakes, his stuff is real nice and reasonably priced imo. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment


            The rears fit quite well!

            Comment


              that's a tite fit! super freakin' cool.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                that's a tite fit! super freakin' cool.
                Seriously! I'll get a shot later tonight that shows just how tight, me thinks I'll be getting 15mm spacers, or maybe 20 to push the wheel out to where the wider part of the barrel is, would make me feel better.

                Comment


                  Finally got the driveshaft in! The rear ujoint carrier was too large and ultimately spaced the differential away from the cradle, it fits! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by formyhealth View Post
                    Finally got the driveshaft in! The rear ujoint carrier was too large and ultimately spaced the differential away from the cradle, it fits!
                    is the driveshaft aluminum?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by hkv View Post

                      is the driveshaft aluminum?
                      Nice catch, yes it is I got it from "The Driveshaft Shop".

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by formyhealth View Post

                        Nice catch, yes it is I got it from "The Driveshaft Shop".
                        I see that, I think its interesting how they use fasteners to balance with washers. it was custom made?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by hkv View Post

                          I see that, I think its interesting how they use fasteners to balance with washers. it was custom made?
                          Same here but I guess it works? Yes it was a custom shaft.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by formyhealth View Post

                            Same here but I guess it works? Yes it was a custom shaft.
                            I bet it works fine. aluminum seems like a better performance choice for driveshaft, id guess something like half the weight of a steel version maybe 50-75% the weight of a steel one?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by hkv View Post

                              I bet it works fine. aluminum seems like a better performance choice for driveshaft, id guess something like half the weight of a steel version maybe 50-75% the weight of a steel one?
                              oh it's certainly lighter than the steel version, I was able to hold it up and bolt it into place by myself (only just) and it's rated for 700 HP so that should be good for a while hopefully!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X