No announcement yet.

formyhealth - 1991 318is Build Thread - now with 1000% more 1JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everybody, just wanted to give an update to let you know the car (and us!) are in a new home. I'll attach pics of the new shop soon!

:)

Comment

oh thank god. I was wondering about this car the other day...
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

what are you going to do for engine mounts? or are you still figuring out engine placement?

I was looking at a 2.0 block just now. The drivers side looks pretty simple but the passenger side is a pain as you have the turbo oil drain right there.
        www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
        2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
          oh thank god. I was wondering about this car the other day...
          [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
            what are you going to do for engine mounts? or are you still figuring out engine placement?

I was looking at a 2.0 block just now. The drivers side looks pretty simple but the passenger side is a pain as you have the turbo oil drain right there.
            I fabbed up some engine side brackets but haven't came up with any ideas on attaching them to the frame yet. I'm all ears if you see a way, I'm currently running into vertical space restrictions.

Comment

Some photos of the shop!

Comment

How’s it coming? Just came across this and it’s a great read, excited to see any progress!
                Originally posted by e30guydownunder
                Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiianE30 View Post
                  How’s it coming? Just came across this and it’s a great read, excited to see any progress!
                  Thanks man! I've got some updates coming soon(ish)

Comment

Since I've gone with overhung pedals I need to do something different with my steering column as the bracket that mounts the pedals is not compatible with an airbag column.

Since that's the case I've decided to completely Fab the column instead of retrofitting the airbag column. So, to kill two birds with one stone I've found both my power steering replacement as well as the start of the steering column fabrication in the form of a 2009 Toyota Corolla electric power steering motor.

I've read a ton about options and this is one of the easiest (subjectively) as it doesn't require a 3rd party controller and only 3 wires to power up.

Last edited by formyhealth; 01-27-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Another little update, since I needed to prototype some parts I picked up a 3d printer (Ender 3) and went about learning Fusion 360. I started with the dash vents and am pretty close to a final part. I'll do a cutout vent for a 52mm gauge on the driver's side, blank on the passenger and in the middle will be three holes, one for another gauge and 2 50mm air vents.

Once I get more comfortable with modeling I'll start on prototyping mounts for the Corolla power steering motor.

Comment

Got the car out of the shop so I can organize. Shop is basically good to go so I can actually get in there, and move around. Updates should start trickling in soon, I plan to get the steering situated first, and then finish up the body work.

Comment

After much deliberation I finally got the focus pedal mounted. Was going around and around about it and then realized the easiest thing to do was modify the pedal box mount from garagistic by adding a bracket on the side. I think it turned out quite nicely!

Comment

Big work, love it
                            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                              Big work, love it
                              Thanks man happy to be working on it again.

Comment

Had Under Pressure Racing Development weld up all the pieces I put together for the oil pan. It's a front sump now!

Comment

Working...
                                X