1991 318is s52 swapped 5 lug z3 rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is s52 swapped 5 lug z3 rack

Alright so here is the best e30 I've ever owned, hopefully the silver lining of my last e30 setting on fire!http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384150

So that happened on 4/20, and I was almost undoubtedly going to purchase a miata. While browsing craigslist weeks prior though, I saw this super clean s52 swapped car. It was listed at $12995 or something and I was like wow that car is so nice but way too expensive, and I am only allowed one car. I was looking at it like "damn I wish I could build that car".I still live at home so swaps are a no go- I did the 2.7i and that was about as far as my spot permits. Fast forward to after my car burnt, and it's listed at $9000. I contact the guy- it's on ebay. The reserve meets, it's sold for like $8450 or something.

Then the buyer flakes. Back in the game. I call the seller and arrange a time to see the car only 36 hours from then. He says he may have a couple people coming to see it tomorrow (saturday) I was coming to see it early sunday.

Saturday passes, he shoots me a text. "We still good for tomorrow"

"Yes of course!" 36 minutes later he texts me that someone in Texas bought it.

Damn.

The buyer opted not to buy it because he couldn't see it in person and it burns a minute amount of oil on start up. I go to see the car, it all checks out. Bought it that day, and went to get it a few days later with my mom. It then seized it's ac compressor, then needed a new starter, but now it's feeling like it's going to be reliable (fingers crossed!) I've been dailying it and it's a blast. A bit loud but it's so fun!

I'm low on cash now but I feel it's going to last. If this one bites me in the ass I'm done until I move out!

1991 318is

1998 s52 obd1 converted with an m50manifold.com manifold

unknown headers

z3 2.7 rack with PS

e36 m3 front suspension and brakes

e30 m3 rear suspension and brakes

Ground control coils all around

Pics are huge use ctrl - to zoom out

Last edited by e30onBBSs; 05-14-2016, 09:46 AM.
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

:up::up::up::up: niiiice

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

very nice. so did you score it for $8500 after all?

Comment

Where will you mount your fire extinguisher? ;)

-E
        -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Daman View Post
          very nice. so did you score it for $8500 after all?

Less than that =)

Originally posted by alas View Post
          Where will you mount your fire extinguisher? ;)

-E

Its in the trunk until I get a big ass mount for the trunk for a big ass fire extinguisher lol
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

Nice! Definitely clean. Sign up for some autocross or track days and get your moneys worth out of that engine.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

wasnt that car for sale here??? looks familiar
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well you've certainly come a long way compared to the car you started with. Congrats! I chuckled at the last pic.

BTW, I'd mount the fire extinguisher in front of the driver's seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                  Nice! Definitely clean. Sign up for some autocross or track days and get your moneys worth out of that engine.
                  I'm saving for some fun. Got any reccomendations for an east coast track day?

With vanos its a game changer compared to the m20, just wham all of a sudden it wakes up and is like hold on!!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  wasnt that car for sale here??? looks familiar

I'm not sure. I know there was one like it but had a wrap or a plastidip red from a while back?

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  Well you've certainly come a long way compared to the car you started with. Congrats! I chuckled at the last pic.

BTW, I'd mount the fire extinguisher in front of the driver's seat.

Thanks rturbo! That white one was a piece but started the love. Black one was nice, but this one is just a whole different league.

How fat of an extinguisher can you mount passenger side?
                  BMW tech
                  Umass Amherst
                  05 wrx sti

Comment

Congrats, looks nice!
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                    X