Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Brilliantrot is single stage so no clear coat. It was mainly just oxidation that had be sanded away down to smooth paint and the. Polished to a shine i was not expecting the results i got for sure.

I finished car this morning

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
    Same here! I would have thought 1500 or 2000 so you wouldn't just bite through all the clear.

Anyway awesome job!!! Just goes to show a paint job isn't dead even if it looks like it
    Car looks like its been repainted with a base/clear.. and I think he sanded off the remaining/fading clear on the hood. Great results IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Wow that's with 1000? I would have thought a finer grit was used. Very nice result!
    Same here! I would have thought 1500 or 2000 so you wouldn't just bite through all the clear.

Anyway awesome job!!! Just goes to show a paint job isn't dead even if it looks like it

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Wow that's with 1000? I would have thought a finer grit was used. Very nice result!

Yep! Just 1000 grit

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
    Holy buff batman!!! Looks great. I need to do that on my roof but probably won't bother cuz the front clip of my car is rattle canned black :/

What paint did you use for the needles? Going to be taking apart my cluster very soon

I actually used some model car paint from hobby store. The cluster never worked sadly so i sent it out and its coming back professionally done now.

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    What was the process you used? I am needing to do this to my brillantrot and don't even know where to start.

First washed it obviously and then wet sanded it to 1000, used Meguiars 105 heavy cut polish with a rougher foam pad, and then went over it with Chemical Guys Jet Sealant.

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Holy buff batman!!! Looks great. I need to do that on my roof but probably won't bother cuz the front clip of my car is rattle canned black :/

What paint did you use for the needles? Going to be taking apart my cluster very soon

Leave a comment:

• Powling
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    It was nice out and i got the wild hair to do some detailing so i called up a buddy and for 9 hours we went to town. Still have the driver side to polish and seal.
    What was the process you used? I am needing to do this to my brillantrot and don't even know where to start.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    I made a brilliant decision.

It was nice out and i got the wild hair to do some detailing so i called up a buddy and for 9 hours we went to town. Still have the driver side to polish and seal.

Before

After

Im gonna go die now cause I'm tired....
    Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Every fiber of my being tells me to get in on that group buy. My issue is every time and I do mean every time. I sign up for something like that days before payment is due something comes up and I cant make payment. Maybe if i can get some set aside and pay for it upfront before its finalized
    Put the money aside now, and don't touch it.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I honestly kind of wish my 325i was a 318is. All well.... Anyways there is a Stromung group buy going on right now if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=403659

Every fiber of my being tells me to get in on that group buy. My issue is every time and I do mean every time. I sign up for something like that days before payment is due something comes up and I cant make payment. Maybe if i can get some set aside and pay for it upfront before its finalized

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea View Post
    I honestly kind of wish my 325i was a 318is. All well.... Anyways there is a Stromung group buy going on right now if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=403659
    I just sold one of these not too long ago. I parted out my slick top 318is, after getting in a wreck back in December.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
    I picked up a sterlinsilber slick top 318i about a month ago, as a project. The 318s are my favorite model.

I really am loving this car. The m42 is awesome I love it. I need to make or buy a cat back for this eventually as mine is rusty. Hopefully mid April this thing will be 100% ready for summer driving duties. Just waiting on parts

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    I picked up a sterlinsilber slick top 318i about a month ago, as a project. The 318s are my favorite model.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X