Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M42 Touring -92 // bagged + turbo build thread ** #119 Dyno 593hp/611nm @hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krisu
    replied
    shifter assembly modified, now it works.. needed to weld shifter arm to different angle and also the shift selector rod..

couldn't use the original shift lever, had to put some random short shifter in there!

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    shortened driveshaft with bigger flange for 96mm guibo

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    When I opened mine up it just had a couple of baffles. I wanted to condense more of the oil vapor so I added some scotch brite pads as a filter material but it still vents lots of oil vapors. I was wanting to add a better filter material to the center of the can to help catch more oil. I have now drive over 1000 km with mine so I should probably check to see if there is any oil in the bottom of the can.
    Ah yeah, well i don't really know what should be used in there to make it filter better..

i am going to try not to use any filter in there. it will vent the oil vapors to atmosphere

Leave a comment:

• downforce22
    replied
    Originally posted by krisu View Post
    what do you mean? why do you want to filter it better? are you running it back to the intake manifold?
    When I opened mine up it just had a couple of baffles. I wanted to condense more of the oil vapor so I added some scotch brite pads as a filter material but it still vents lots of oil vapors. I was wanting to add a better filter material to the center of the can to help catch more oil. I have now drive over 1000 km with mine so I should probably check to see if there is any oil in the bottom of the can.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    I have th same oil catch can, but want to make it filter better. Have any ideas?
    what do you mean? why do you want to filter it better? are you running it back to the intake manifold?

Leave a comment:

• downforce22
    replied
    I have th same oil catch can, but want to make it filter better. Have any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    aem ethanol fuel pump

an fittings to fuel lines

china catchcan, its so small, i might need to replace it LOL

current situation, engine wiring yay..

standalone in orginal location

to be continued
    Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 06:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Hi all, something been done! :p

i will use m42 pilot bearing, but my problem is that transmissions clutch axle is not long enough for the pilot bearing.. i need to make an extension to make it fit..

and its done!

new m50 flywheel in place. starter ring from m42, its the same as m50 etc :)

pressure plate and clutch installed!

gearbox in place , new 320d clutch slave cylinder and throwoutbearing.. and new oils!

everything done, engine back to the bay!

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Olie92
    replied
    Great build here...engine bay would look super cool....

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    great build! love how it's coming together.
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Love all the new hotside bits, the exhaust wrap looks great!
    Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
    Very nice work OP! Great job with the wiring too! Nice and neat, this is a very detail oriented build and should be awesome when done.
    thank you guys! :D new flywheel is ordered, it should be coming later this week! i'll upload some pics when installing it!

meanwhile here is some pics from last summer!

Last edited by krisu; 05-08-2017, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Very nice work OP! Great job with the wiring too! Nice and neat, this is a very detail oriented build and should be awesome when done.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Love all the new hotside bits, the exhaust wrap looks great!

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    great build! love how it's coming together.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    some dei engineering heat wrap, also egt sensor there!

also vag coils with integrated amplifier

1100cc injectors, had to use the original fuel rail because my nuke performance didn't fit with original intake manifold. well some day i'll make/find a plenum for it!

starting to look like an engine

new clutch finally came, it took over a month but i have some problems now with my flywheel. here is an image where my clutch will stay if i use this flywheel. it won't go further in the transmission bore. i might need to buy a new flywheel and sell this one or machine my tranny -10mm. to make the clutch fully go to the tranny axle!

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    hey all! something done at garage! oil filter housing got oil pressure adapter. it was a tight fit but it works!

plastic pipe has an- fitting now, waterfeed to turbo. there was orginally heater plate for the M42 throttle body from there.

engine bay getting some stuff back there! also battery relocation done!

i moved my airtank and compressors a bit to make those touring hatches fully open.

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X