X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    The kids surprising you with E30 gear?! That's simply amazing! Congrats on the win!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Haham yep! I'm wearing mine today. Always puts a smile on my face when my wife supports my hobby.

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
    Congratulations Mike! That is awesome!
    Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
    Congrats on your win sir. I'll have to see it soon at Katie's and see whats new.
    Thanks, guys!

Leave a comment:

• M42Technik
    replied
    Congrats on your win sir. I'll have to see it soon at Katie's and see whats new.

Leave a comment:

• Zeemz
    replied
    Congratulations Mike! That is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    The kids surprising you with E30 gear?! That's simply amazing! Congrats on the win!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by agent View Post
    Congrats, that's awesome!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
    Congrats Mike! We missed you at The Vintage, but it looks like you got to see some pretty sweet cars yourself!
    Thanks! It was a really fun event today and BMW CCA NCC does a great job of putting it on.

I have been following The Vintage FB group all week and I really wish I could have been there this year. However, I am planning on coming next year! Hopefully I'll be able to put some faces to R3V usernames then. #VintagePrep2020 begins as soon as I knock out a few track days this summer and fall.

Leave a comment:

• ATL_E30
    replied
    Alpine White 1991 318is

Congrats Mike! We missed you at The Vintage, but it looks like you got to see some pretty sweet cars yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Congrats, that's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    36th Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, Vienna, VA

Today was the big day! I arrived when the field opened at 8:30AM. There were already a few cars there. I spent the next hour giving the car a final wipe down before the judging began.

For those not familiar with the format, the cars are judged/pointed on a number of categories to include engine bay, interior, trunk, and exterior.

I spent most of the day meeting and talking to new folks about one of my favorite things... old BMWs. The weather was a bit on the hot side. No clouds in the sky and 90+ degrees. My wife and kids dropped by for lunch and we had a picnic. They were decked out in their E30 gear to surprise me.

The big news is that I won first place in the 80s BMW class! I actually couldn't believe it. There were a lot of great cars out there today.

HUGE thanks to BMW CCA NCC and all the organizers/volunteers that made today possible. This is only my second time, but I really enjoy the event and look forward to the coming years!

Here's a sample of some other cars that came today:

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    I'll check out some of the other sites you guys recommended, but I'm a little hesitant to go the craigslist route as there's no recourse if you are sent a hunk of junk. Perhaps PayPal goods and services payments give some protection though.

Due to rain in the forecast tomorrow the DMC has been postponed until the 19th. I'm a bit bummed about that as I would've brought the e30 on my current road trip, but chose to leave it home to stay clean for the show. Oh well, its only a couple weeks away. Plenty of time for more driving and a final cleanup before the show!

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
    And they’re SO cheap relative to here. I bought mine off of (who is now a friend) near Stuttgart. He sold it to me 4 years ago for 20€.

I regularly buy parts from Leboncoin for my Peugeot.
    I mean, you wont find them for 20€ anymore but 250-300€ is pretty common here.

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
    If you're looking for a Mtexh 2 wheel in Europe anyway, check out Ebay kleinanzeigen (Germany) or leboncoin (France)
    There are a couple for sale on there.
    And they’re SO cheap relative to here. I bought mine off of (who is now a friend) near Stuttgart. He sold it to me 4 years ago for 20€.

I regularly buy parts from Leboncoin for my Peugeot.

Leave a comment:

• Albie325
    replied
    Bummer about the MTech 2, but man it looked so much better than that big ugly airbag. Fingers crossed you find another one soon, about the only thing this car needs at this point

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    Just did this and it worked perfectly (first time too!). THANK YOU!

I have read a few other posts that stated using pins #1 and #6, but this is incorrect. The post you provided is correct in that it uses pins #6 (SRS) and #19 (ground).

The seller has agreed to a refund and I the steering wheel is already back in the mail. The search continues.

And to answer your original question: I have no idea about the stalks. The right side of the steering wheels was less than an inch from the stalk and the left side of the wheel was a solid 2" from the stock. Yeah, the wheel was that bent. Once I get a "normal" MT2 wheel I'll let you know. :)
    If you're looking for a Mtexh 2 wheel in Europe anyway, check out Ebay kleinanzeigen (Germany) or leboncoin (France)
    There are a couple for sale on there.

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    lol no effing way with that wheel - looks great. Brb going to update my build thread.

Leave a comment:

• Codym42
    replied
    Your car is looking great! I'm loving the Ronals... I just had my old set powdercoated. They look proper on these cars.

That's a shame about the steering wheel. It looks seriously bent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X