New owner, BMW 325iX Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    That's interesting. Everything I read indicated to not forget that washer. I haven't had any issues with mine at all, but i could have sworn the washer is what pushed the oring in the hole properly. Idle issues on these things can really cause some frustration.

My IX is about to get the main flex disc replaced. I've been having the same issues as you with the clutch out fast shake and vibration.
    You do need to use the washer at the bottom but just not at the top. No oil is leaking out since removing that washer at the top.

Replacing the rear guibo did not solve this, I'm guessing my subframe bushings are getting worn down so I might have to redo the rear suspension + bushing at the TC some time.
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Today I replaced the LCA bushings with new Lemforder E30 M3 ones.
      Getting them off was the pretty simple part, I started with drilling a small hole in the end of the control arm so my puller wouldn't slip.

I was then able to tear the old bushing completely in two and finally pull of the center ring with a smaller puller. Getting the new bushings on the arm is a whole other story. Last time I had to do this on my uncles iX, I used a ratchet strap and pulled/pushed/wiggled the bushing onto the arm but somehow it was a lot harder now. Mainly because the rest of my suspension was still fitted. When I did this on his car everything was removed.
      In the end both bushings were on the arms, took me roughly 2 hours. :)

To remove the old one I compressed it in the bench vise. Also used the bench vise to push the new one in.

I'm pretty sure these are still the original (250k km) lollipops that came on the car.

And a picture of the new bushings.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I got selected for car of the month, I asked a friend to take a couple of rolling shots of my Touring. The 'regular' pictures, I took & edited myself.

I decided to also post these pictures here on my build/update thread as I think that they turned out pretty good. :)

[/QUOTE]

here's a link to the COTM article;

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Last week I stumbled upon an Instagram post of a German guy fixing the screen of his OBC. I pm'ed him and asked where he got a replacement. He send me an Ebay link where he bought the replacement screen.
          (https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/LCD-REP...53.m1438.l2649)

This week I received the new display. Today after work, I removed the OBC and installed the new display. Very easy to do + the screen comes with instructions.

Before, although not the worst case of bleeding, it's not pretty either.

Old and new

Fitted inside the OBC

And the OBC back into the dash;

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

great work. The light on mine just took a shit, but lucky me, Garagistic has the LED replacement 50% off.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
              I got selected for car of the month, I asked a friend to take a couple of rolling shots of my Touring. The 'regular' pictures, I took & edited myself.

I decided to also post these pictures here on my build/update thread as I think that they turned out pretty good. :)

here's a link to the COTM article;
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=426639
              The photos turned out great! The locations/backdrops were a good choice.

Congrats on COTM! Your touring and attention to detail is truly an inspiration.

Good to know there are replacement screens available. Mine acts oddly on hot days.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                great work. The light on mine just took a shit, but lucky me, Garagistic has the LED replacement 50% off.
                Thanks. I also noticed when putting it back into the dash and turning on my lights, the buttons don't light up. I can't seem to remember if they actually worked before lol. Might have to take it out again to replace the little bulb.

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                The photos turned out great! The locations/backdrops were a good choice.

Congrats on COTM! Your touring and attention to detail is truly an inspiration.

Good to know there are replacement screens available. Mine acts oddly on hot days.
                Thanks Mike! The backdrops don't really show much of the Flemish country side but it's more about the car anyways ;)

Yeah, I'm glad I stumbled upon the Instagram post. However, a few months ago there was a guy on Ebay-Kleinanzeigen (German craigslist) selling OBCs with a new, replaced screen. When I asked him where he got them. He told me 'whoever looks for them will find them" and a few messages later, he told me on the darkweb.. wtf?..

I also have/had (I don't know yet) that the screen would flicker/ the numbers act up. A little tap on the side of the dashboard and it would function normal again..

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I need one of those OBC screen repairs too! I wonder if they can be bought here or at least shipped here
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I need one of those OBC screen repairs too! I wonder if they can be bought here or at least shipped here
                    The seller ships worldwide. He also sells OBC2 displays
                    Shipping was free for me, not sure if this is also the case if you're in the US.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

There was a guy selling a few parts on a Belgian craigslist.
                      I decided to get these parts from him for a pretty good price :)

I've been looking for a while now for some gummi floor mats for the E30 and finally found a complete set. This will be perfect for this winter!

The front drivers side mat is a little bit worn but nothing too bad. I've seen worse

He also had these for sale, mine are getting faded. I though about painting them with some SEM black trim paint but why not replace them.. :)

And finally, these :) Brand new in the box
                      Some of you might recall that I already have some fitted on my car but a one of the clips broke while installing them + I think one of the tweeters themselves might be broken..

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Last week I checked my oil level and the filler cap and noticed some white milky stuff.
                        I checked my coolant level and it was still the same although I have to admit that the coolant level light has been on a while now, I'm pretty sure it has a bad connection.

I've started researching a bit more on google and I think it might be condensation inside my engine block. My commute is only 3km (1.8ish miles) so it never fully warms up. I do however take it for a longer drive each Friday.

Today I got some new oil just to start fresh, tomorrow I'll do some highway driving and see if that clears it up. I also decided to reset the valves while I was busy

Milky residue on the filler cap

Some water came out of the air breather hose

Inside of the valve cover and cylinder head looks great

As do the sparkplugs, they look all the same so I don't think it's consuming any coolant either.

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Yes. It is only condensation. You need to drive that car a bit more for once in a while to remove moisture from your oil. That same problem affects all e36 and e46 which have been known to hydro-lock engines in very cold climate because of the air plenum oil separator design.
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Enjoyed reading the entire thread just now. I'm especially impressed with the rust repairs. Your touring seems to be highly optioned compared to the few I've seen imported here in the U.S.

Congrats on COTM!

Comment

Originally posted by connorb850 View Post
                              Enjoyed reading the entire thread just now. I'm especially impressed with the rust repairs. Your touring seems to be highly optioned compared to the few I've seen imported here in the U.S.

Congrats on COTM!
                              Thanks man! Yeah, that was quite the undertaking lol.
                              Only thing that's missing it electric windows though..

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Not a whole lot has happened over the last couple of weeks.
                                I'm still having an issue with condensation in my oil now that the holidays are over and I'm doing short distances again for my daily commute.

I'm also having trouble getting my valves adjusted, they clatter like crazy at 2000rpm, can't seem to get them any better when adjusting them.. Anyone that has some tips?
                                I've tried using the spring adjusting tool but doesn't change a whole lot.

And at last, I seem to have a small oil leak coming from the front of my head gasket...

Also received a E36 M3 swaybar, only paid 40€ with end links and bushings.
                                It should fit with some modification, I'll have to mock it up and go from there.

Picture of it sitting with some Winter dirt :)

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X