Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikey magzzz View Post
    Hey man I love your ride it looks really good and congrats on the wedding. I was wondering I have the same rims but they don't seem to fit just right on my car and I would imagine they are the same on yours. Do you know what wheel spacers and center rings are on it? thanks Mike
    Thanks on the congrats, I appreciate it!

The wheels on mine are BBS RX 214 wheels which are 16x7s, and have a 35mm offset. I don't believe there's any spacers on them. At least, when I got my BFGoodriches installed, no wheel spacers fell out of the wheels. I've been told a 10mm spacer would be good, but it has no issues without them and handles how you imagine an E30 handles.

If you look on the lip of the rim, between the spokes, you should see the stampings if you have the same wheels as me. Mine say BBS in one space, RX 214 in another, and ET35 in another space. What width are your wheels, and do you know the offset? Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks man, Im going to look at them today and see. They came off a 1994 jetta. Ill let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey magzzz View Post
        Thanks man, Im going to look at them today and see. They came off a 1994 jetta. Ill let you know!
        Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting a new exhaust hangar welded on at a muffler shop to eliminate the tip swinging.

Side note: the hell happened with my phone in this pic? It's all wavey n' shit!

Last edited by Levy3Poop; 10-30-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

$20 and I didn't have to buy a welder and to learn how to weld!

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
              New air filter also today. Zwill inspired/reminded me to change my air filter in his thread when he talks about getting his oil examined, so thanks Zach!
              Hah! The airfilter is an easy one to forget about ;)

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                Hah! The airfilter is an easy one to forget about ;)
                Thankfully they're cheap! Unless you go big with a fancy K&N one. Anyone here use those?

Comment

I finally got the other grill installed! The top tab was broken (where it clips to the front of the body), so it kind of flopped a little.

Here's how far out it can go just by flopping by itself.

The broken tab off the original grill

It looks so fresh now! All I need is more shadow line beans for the front.

Last edited by Levy3Poop; 11-02-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by levy3poop View Post
                    it looks so fresh now! All i need is to install the is lip and splitter for the front.

FTFY :up:
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      FTFY :up:
                      Hahaha you bastard. I got tracking from ParkerBink on the lips and splitter, so I'll be getting that soon! Do you think I should paint the lip to match the body, or leave it black to match the black on the lower side of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                        Hahaha you bastard. I got tracking from ParkerBink on the lips and splitter, so I'll be getting that soon! Do you think I should paint the lip to match the body, or leave it black to match the black on the lower side of the car?
                        leave it black. its going to get peppered so you're wasting paint if you do that
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          leave it black. its going to get peppered so you're wasting paint if you do that
                          Good point. Have you seen the green vert on panjo for sale? That thing's front bumper is so peppered it makes me sad

Comment

Ever since I bought the car, the passenger door card has had kind of a shitty fitment. When I pulled the card off to fix it, I found out the leather was peeling in several places, so I used some Crazy Glue and Shoe Goo to ahere the leather back to the door card, and used some binder clips to hold it in place.

Comment

On my way to work, I heard PSSSHHK PSSHKKKKK FFFTPP and instantly knew my muffler had dropped.

Yuuuup, just as I suspected. Oh well, if I can just put that bolt on the top of the hanger back in....

Ah, cool. So the hole the bolt goes into was shredded some how. Neato.

Thank God I had zip ties in my trunk! This should last until the exhaust shop opens and I can take it in. Also, thanks to my wife for bringing my tools which I had foolishly left in my Malibu!

Comment

I got my car back to Grave's Custom Muffler here in Waco since they're the ones who put the hangar on that failed.

I told them to take the heat shield off, remove the rubber coating, and weld the hanger right to the frame, and that's what they did!
                                The hanger is super solid now, and they also added a rubber hanger in the middle of the exhaust pipe to help relieve stress on the rear hanger.
                                Once I got it home, I sprayed some Bondo rubber undercoating spray over the spray paint the shop worker did to protect against rust.
                                They didn't even charge me a dime! They said "Well we were just fixing what we messed up, so no charge!"
                                They didn't even charge me for the middle hanger when I asked about it. I'd definitely recommend these guys to anyone in Waco or the surrounding area.

I got home and decided to tackle the rust underneath the battery. The battery tray doesn't look too great.

Here's about half of what I've done today on the rust. My dremel died almost immediate after starting. I grabbed my drill with wire bit, and it died after I got to this part.
                                I've done a bit more after my Dremel got charged, and I'm trying to find my rust dissolver spray gel stuff. Key work "trying". It might be up in Allen from when I was goofing around with it on my father in law's rusted out Jeep when we were working on the new roof.

IS LIP AND SPLITTER HELL YEAH

There were 2 clips that would NOT get one of these white tabs hammered in. No matter how much careful hammering I did, it just wouldn't go in. SO....

Bustin' out the Dremel with plastic grinder!

God I love having a Dremel.

And IT'S ON! WOO she's lookin' pretty now!

Last edited by Levy3Poop; 11-13-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X