Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POWER STEERING LEAK REEEEEEEEE

I had to order washers off Amazon because NO ONE carries M16 copper crushy bois. Hopefully this fixes the leak finally [emoji58]

Comment

Finally getting an alignment! I found Texas Track Works on the TiT FB group, and they seem to have a pretty slick operation going on here.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

We got to Hot Springs NC for The Vintage! We towed the Rube on a Uhaul trailer. We did the 17 hour drive in one shot. Towing a trailer for the first time with my most prized possession (and daily driver lol) was a bit stressful when we got to the twisty TN and NC back roads at midnight. Can't wait for the vintage!

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait to see more updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
            POWER STEERING LEAK REEEEEEEEE

I had to order washers off Amazon because NO ONE carries M16 copper crushy bois. Hopefully this fixes the leak finally [emoji58]

Did the copper crush washers fix the leak? I'm looking to fix my own leaky PS reservoir soon and I don't wanna have all the work done and still have it drippin everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by taiwanesekid05 View Post
              Did the copper crush washers fix the leak? I'm looking to fix my own leaky PS reservoir soon and I don't wanna have all the work done and still have it drippin everywhere...
              I haven't noticed it leaking again since refilling, but I haven't done anything else since the last washer replacement

Comment

We had a good time at The Vintage [emoji3] Those mountain roads in Ruby was just about the most incredible thing I've experienced

Here's a small flood of images from the trip. We hauled Ruby up with Frank (Lindsay's FJ) and it did well. Some notable cars were the boosted M42 2002, the clean as hell S14 2002, 1dirty_30s vert and touring, the e28 that was camped next to us along with a Calypso e34 touring, as well as many others. I was so overwhelmed by all the amazing builds and rare cars I didn't even remember to take pics for about half the show hahaha. 10/10 would go again

Comment

Been a while since an update, so let's get to it.

I finally got a piece that's felt like an obstacle in the M54 swap when I think of it.
                  This is an oil pickup tube from an E38 M52 Euro spec. Those engines had an oil pickup in the front of the engine, which is where M54s need it in E30s.
                  Part number is 11417503261 just FYI. Other options were cut up the original one and weld it, and since I don't have a welder that would be a PITA to find a welder and get done.

Here it is installed. Fit like a glove :) Just had to find an M8 bolt to hod it in place since the original tube was held in place with M6ers

Just another pic of the tube installed

That part got my working juices going and I finally got finished up with what I wanted to do on the 4.1LSD.
                  I took a brass wire wheel and a dremel to smooth off the mating surface for the gasket, drained it, and cleaned it up. Well, it's been cleaned up externally for a while and was just sitting on my work bench open with a paper towel over the gears to keep crap out.

New paper gasket. Took me a minute to figure out the orientation lol.

Got it level and filled it up with some Royal Purple 75W140 with friction modifier. Did you know they actually make that shit purple?? Cracked me up hahaha

Aaaaand last week I got SS brake lines! The brake lining light was on, and Garagistic was having a sale, so fuck it why not?
                  Full disclosure: I rage quit when trying to get the lines above the rear subframe. Why are the Germans so cruel as to make those so inaccessible, and why could those SaltCityEuro bois get those lines so effortlessly?
                  Either way, at least I got the lines to the calipers done, and the brakes bled.
                  Also, as it turns out, the "brake lining" light doesn't have shit to do with the brake lines.
                  The brake wear sensor had gotten both wires cut on the front left wheel, so I ordered a new one.

UNAIRWORTHY as I would tell my students.
                  There were just a couple flat spots on the passenger wheel which had the ABS cable broken (see later in the post).

AIRWORTHY.

Mileage document. Also I did an oil change at 251,400 the other day. This was about a week and a half ago

That ABS cable that I found in my glove box and installed when my oil pan blew out on the 4th of july got RIP'd. Looks like it got rubber between the wheel and strut. What's weird is it didn't give me an ABS light even though the copper completely.

New banjo bolt for the power steering because that MFer is still leaking and RMeuropean told me to change the banjo bolt before they'd send another power steering hose. Fuckers.

Here's the new ABS cable. Install was super easy and I still don't have an ABS light.

I zip tied that bad johnnie to keep it from getting caight in that same spot and costing $100 more

Last edited by Levy3Poop; 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Not really a whole lot going on lately, but I thought I'd give a small update. I got the new anodized aluminum control arm mounts from garagistic and they're gorgeous! The current control arms are stuck to the old mounds like stink on shit, and the rubber bits on them are pretty shot, so I just went ahead and ordered new Moog control arms Also, new Hella oil level sensor for the front sump oil pan that I de-gunked about as best I can. So yeah, not a huge update, and I still need to install the control arms and mounts, but things are going Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing too exciting, just an oil change yesterday. I've been getting the new transmission cleaned up for the swap. I got the RevShift bushing kit (80A for that daily drive comfort), and the Garagistic wiring harness which should make things go more smoothly. Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Long time no post, so here's a couple little posts to bring y'all up to date. The alternator died, and the last alternator was dead too, so I had to go to AutoZone and shell out for a new one. While the price hurt, it was *really* nice to not get greased up just by handling it lol. She's running right as rain now. Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Lindsay's parents got me a short throw shifter for Xmas (the one from shope30.com), and it's pretty great. My only complaint is that the slot for the gear knob is ever so too wide, so when I'm slamming it into second gear, the knob pops off sometimes lol. Overall I would recommend this shifter though. Just know: when you take off the OEM Shifter, take both plastic washers off of the linkage because this one doesn't need them. I left one on without realizing, and the new one wouldn't go on and I put many swear words into my car that day. Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the Garagistic diff stud kit installed on the 4.1LSD I'll be using for the swap. I found on Condor's website that the studs should be 25ft/lb torque, and I also did loctite red just to make sure they never fall out. The Loctite probably wasn't necessary, but it was more for just my piece of mind. Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

i just got the garagistic offset red treehouse whatevers they are called. they are very pretty. My control arm looks like a giant turd at the end, so i am unsure what to do there... don't want to waste the delrin too quickly. great build. thank you for sharing with us!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                i just got the garagistic offset red treehouse whatevers they are called. they are very pretty. My control arm looks like a giant turd at the end, so i am unsure what to do there... don't want to waste the delrin too quickly. great build. thank you for sharing with us!
                                Thanks for the kind words, bud. I think the M42's head gasket is starting to let go so I'm going to be actually be working towards the swap soon. It smells like maraschino cherries up in my garage lol Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X