No announcement yet.

Lachs Silver 1988 325 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the new parts Toby! I'm looking forward to seeing the ronals on the car!
    Last edited by Metallated; 11-05-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Cylinder head is installed & the car is running quite well! Many thanks to my friend/mechanic Roman (Bareminimumbandit). The car had a bad misfire thanks to some junk injectors I purchased off the forum. Luckily I got another set of 19# injectors from a friend, Greg Perez (Gregolas) here locally. Just some fine tuning details at this point but the car absolutely rips. Engine bay has been heavily de-cosmolined, but still a work in progress.

Before:

After:

Some other things still coming are:
      • New OE Kick Panel/Knee bolster + all hardware
      • New coolant expansion tank
      • CAtuned Silicon Coolant Hoses
      • Coolant level sensor
      • New distributor cap & rotor
      • Distributor dust cover
      • Condor 70a Trans Mounts
      • OE M20 motor mounts
      • Rebuilt driveshaft. U-Joints aren't in good shape on my current one
      • Engine wiring harness - car still has the issue where it will cut off on WOT high up in the rev range
      • Lots of other little trim pieces, clips, door switch etc etc.

Got my Ronals mounted last night + an alignment. Feels great! I love the look & it's so nice to drive an E30 with good tires.

Hartge's are for sale.

Last edited by TFJR; 12-10-2018, 11:15 AM.
      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

how do you like the new setup?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          how do you like the new setup?
          I'm really happy with it. It feels about ~10-15% more powerful than my old '88 325iS which is exactly what my goal was! For all that I invested, I could've gone the route of a 24v swap pretty easily but I am personally a big fan of a very well sorted M20.
          Also - having an extra 1500rpm of usable rev range has been great. I swapped the cluster as well + installed that 370mm MT2 steering wheel. The driving experience has transformed and I'm really excited about the future of the car. It has reignited the passion I have for these cars. That is good as I almost bought an '09 LCI E91 Touring to use as a DD and to park this thing most the time.

I feel like its a car thats meant to be driven & that is exactly what I intend to do with it :D

SOLD

Comment

Very cool. I look forward to having a bigger baby6 in my E30 ... I feel a little more torque goes a long way in a daily driven E30
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

New high-res pics

This past Saturday I woke up early and took the E30 for a nice drive. These photos were taken near Golden Gardens park in Seattle, WA. That same morning I also picked up a nice rebuilt driveshaft from Gregolas with greasable joints.

Imgur does a great job of greatly reducing image quality :(

SOLD

Comment

Car looks great!... I really need fresh paint on mine
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Looks great, sir. The Ronals are such a nice wheel.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The car is looking fantastic. As a fellow owner of a lachs 4-door, you're providing me with some serious inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Car looks great!... I really need fresh paint on mine
                      Thank you!

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                      Looks great, sir. The Ronals are such a nice wheel.
                      Thank you, Austin! I agree, the Ronals are a great looking wheel, especially for the price.

Originally posted by e30_troy View Post
                      The car is looking fantastic. As a fellow owner of a lachs 4-door, you're providing me with some serious inspiration.
                      I'd love to see some updates on your car as well!

My wife is 39 weeks pregnant & I am very anxiously awaiting our first born :D
                      Knowing I won't have much time to dedicate to the car over the coming months I went to town detailing the car & giving it some nice protection over the winter months. Here is what I did:
                      • Snow foamed using Griots Garage foaming spray wash
                      • 2 bucket method wash with Griots Garage Brilliant Finish Car Wash
                      • Clay Bar'd using Griots Garage Paint Cleaning Clay
                      • Compound, using Griots Garage BOSS Correcting Cream
                      • Two passes of wax, using Griots Garage Poly Wax & Meguiars Gold Class Carnuaba Wax.

IMGUR sucks for image quality (if anyone has recommendations please let me know!)... I digress, here are the finished results. I'm still a little sore lol.

SOLD

Comment

Congratulations on expecting your first child Toby!!

And wow that detailing looks incredible. I'm jealous, I don't think I've ever seen lachs look that good.

Comment

hot damn that looks great. Have you tried using flickr? I feel like it might do a better job for image quality...not totally sure though
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

How do you like the S drives? Any rubbing with the Ronals and 205/55/15s? Looks great by the way! :D

Comment

That looks amazing... great job. Was this done by hand???

If not, what machine did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              JP
                              WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                              88 325 super eta
                              00 528i/5 (daily)
                              02 530iA sport

Former
                              04 525iA sport
                              87 325is
                              91 325i
                              97 528i

Comment

On December 15th we welcomed our baby daughter Isabelle to the world! She is beautiful & healthy. Here she is with my E30 and wifeys Alltrack

I ordered lots of goodies around Black Friday for the E30 including a brand new kick panel, coolant expansion tank, CAtuned silicon coolant hoses, new OE motor mounts & Condor 70a Trans mounts, distributor dust cover, ignition components (distributor cap & rotor, spark plugs) plus a bunch of little things I'll detail out later.

My continued efforts on making the engine bay prettier. It's got a ways to go but looks heaps better than before

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                                hot damn that looks great. Have you tried using flickr? I feel like it might do a better job for image quality...not totally sure though
                                I should give it a shot the next time I upload photos. Definitely worth a try!

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                                How do you like the S drives? Any rubbing with the Ronals and 205/55/15s? Looks great by the way! :D
                                The S. Drives have been terrific so far. Certainly a substantial upgrade from the rubber that was on there. They do a nice job in the rain which was important for me here in Seattle. They have a fairly stiff sidewall so turn-in bite and road feel are greatly improved. I was cross shopping these with the Dunlop Direzza DZ102 and folks here on the forum + the team at Tirerack urged me to go with the S. Drive for their superior wet (and cold) traction over the Dunlop.
                                No rubbing at all on H&R OE Sport springs/Bilstein B6

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
                                That looks amazing... great job. Was this done by hand???

If not, what machine did you use?
                                Thank you very much! I am a big advocate of Griots Garage products and their car cleaning classes and instruction at their Flagship location in Tacoma, WA. I've learned a lot from them.

I use a Griots 6" Random Orbital buffer. https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...rPicks&from=fn

The machine is very user friendly for beginners as the random throw helps to mitigate the risk of burning through paint. After using their Poly Wax with the machine, I buffed out the wax and applied another layer of Carnuaba Wax from Meguiars by hand.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone!

SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X