Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    That's more often then I wash mine. Im going to live vicariously through you for a washed car.
    and thats why we call them dirty-E30s
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      and thats why we call them dirty-E30s
      True. Im actually more worried about how clean my engine bay is these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Which I'm also failing at...

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          True. Im actually more worried about how clean my engine bay is these days.

haha I kinda wish I had left the cosmoline that was caked all over the valve cover and intake manifold when I first got the car
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Can’t believe it’s been almost a month since the last update but I’ve been busy moving and being a homeowner... Cars been doing just fine and has been chugging along. Rare opportunity that both of my cars got the garage. My wife’s so thoughtful and let me park the E30 inside

I did wash it and was able to go to a gtg the other night and took it out to Angeles Crest last night with two of my buddies.

Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

this blue is honestly growing on me quite a bit
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I missed you bought a house. Congratulations!

No way my Wife would park her car outside, congrats again!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  this blue is honestly growing on me quite a bit
                  it isnt bad in pics, looks a lot worse in person haha but yea it isnt bad... it will still get painted back to cirrusblau in 2019 though

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  I missed you bought a house. Congratulations!

No way my Wife would park her car outside, congrats again!
                  Thank you! Its not much but its a start.

My wife only does that on rare occasion, but shes considerate about the parking situation so sometimes I get lucky and get the garage

also, got some more work done today but actually didnt take any pics. Got my blinkers working today on the plastic bumpers... I was avoiding cutting the stock connectors, but its done now and no more quick blink

I also swapped out the clutch fan thanks to Joey (mtech325) for letting me use his tools and listen to me yap away while I took forever to swap the fan. Its done now, next thing is some interior changes I want to get done. Hopefully sooner than later.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Enjoy the garage! Still in CC?

My Brother is off of Palms near Santa Monica airport.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                      Enjoy the garage! Still in CC?

My Brother is off of Palms near Santa Monica airport.
                      No, way too expensive there. We got a place in Inglewood. Nice location with a lot of upside potential
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Cool. A friend lived there in a small house on Plymouth in the early 80s. Her Father owned the whole lot, he sold it for a fortune, it's now a mini mall.

Comment

Finally got something done I’ve been wanting to do since I sold the Aluminum Monster. This was one of the two things I wanted from the car when I sold it. Unfortunately getting the steering wheel back wasn’t working out, but it’s as if it’s meant to be. The wheel that was in the Aluminum monster was dated very close to the build date of that car, so imagine my surprise when I saw the date on this wheel was also close to the build date of this car.

Old Sport wheel

And the Italvolanti

It’s a little bit smaller, which was a little surprise to me but I’ll live and worst case scenario I can swap it back, or buy another Momo wheel since this actually uses the Momo hub and not the 3-bolt hub that the old wheel used.

...It’s like my E30 starter kit is the SSR wheels and an Italvolanti steering wheel....
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

So many horn options.

Comment

Resurrect an ancient issue, do you still have the cold start problem? I had a similar problem when I had my original m20. There was a second (tertiary?) temp sensor in the heater hose assembly under the intake that I think was a dealer installed fix for some random issue. But the car would fire off and run fine until I got to the end of the block and it would sputter and run like dookie until it got a bit higher in temp. If I was stopped or idling it would want to die.

Either way, super cool car and very nice progression. I don't think I could ever pay money for an automatic car again. I'm glad you swapped it though!
                              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                So many horn options.
                                and they all work :)

I wasnt sure how Id feel with the smaller wheel, but it isnt bad and I love the Italvolanti, so Im happy now

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                                Resurrect an ancient issue, do you still have the cold start problem? I had a similar problem when I had my original m20. There was a second (tertiary?) temp sensor in the heater hose assembly under the intake that I think was a dealer installed fix for some random issue. But the car would fire off and run fine until I got to the end of the block and it would sputter and run like dookie until it got a bit higher in temp. If I was stopped or idling it would want to die.

Either way, super cool car and very nice progression. I don't think I could ever pay money for an automatic car again. I'm glad you swapped it though!
                                Cold start was solved when I swapped the injectors out. Mine were so nasty and I dont know exactly what the problem was, but I suspect while the motor was in cold-start mode there was either a larger volume or pressure of fuel being sprayed and once it was warm and the ECU dialed it back, the clogged injectors just didnt have enough to keep it idling. Regardless, new 19# injectors went in (along with the Sssquid chip for them) and the problems been non-existent.

Getting the auto was pretty much the only way to get an unmolested car. The car is slightly molested now, but at least its just been from me and not some other PO.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X