Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Final few tweaks at the body shop! Perfect

Whopedy scoop poop

Leave a comment:

• Aufbau Principle
    replied
    The valance in that picture is just the US one, the difference b/w them is that the Euro one has cutouts for fog lights and doesn't have the cutouts for some of the diving board one. I'm pretty sure the lips aren't going to interchange nicely without some hackery. I took off the pfeba lip and put the Jimmy Hill in front of the car when I got it, it's like a quarter inch or so longer on the sides because the later valence is more squared off compared to the early one that slopes inward. The early lip with the brake ducts also follows the slope of the valance whereas the later ones stick out out kind of like how the M3 has it.

Compare the two versions here:

Early early

Late early

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post

The one you have is the 85 and below lip. It would let you run the 'Pfeba' lip. I had one before I found the Jimmy Hill. It's also a nice look:
    Hmmm... I don't see the fog light mounts on that valence like mine has. But I think you're right. I was trying to get the valence that my 323i had (but got mangled) so I suppose it makes sense it was the 84-85 valence since my 323i was an '85. My 325 is production date 03/86. You sure that the lips aren't compatible for all early valences?

Leave a comment:

• Aufbau Principle
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Sweet ride. Pretty much where I'm trying to get my car, only... burgundy. Lol. And maybe some Mtech1 bits if the opportunity arises.

I actually have a euro valence (this one) but I don't even really know how to mount it to be honest.

The "Jimmy Hill" lip... is it this one?

Looks really nice.
    That's the lip. I got lucky and snatched mine up from a local, wasn't about to drop that kind of $$$$ for a lip on a daily driver. I believe there are a few fiberglass copies made and a few guys in Australia who can source them.

You need this valance to mount the 'facelift early model' lips: http://www.classiceuroparts.com/prod...ler-lip-apron/

I got an aftermarket one from German eBay instead of OE. Came bent up in the mail but straightened out OK.

The one you have is the 85 and below lip. It would let you run the 'Pfeba' lip. I had one before I found the Jimmy Hill. It's also a nice look:

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
    86+ early models and verts with diving boards have a different front valance and lip. More squared off in the front vs. the sloped in one on the 85 and earlier cars. You'll want to look for the '772' euro valance if you decide to fully convert the front.

This one's mine with the 772 valance and 'Jimmy Hill' lip:

I've got a set of those Melber weaves too, waiting for tires to go on, we'll have similar cars haha.
    Sweet ride. Pretty much where I'm trying to get my car, only... burgundy. Lol. And maybe some Mtech1 bits if the opportunity arises.

I actually have a euro valence (this one) but I don't even really know how to mount it to be honest.

The "Jimmy Hill" lip... is it this one?

Looks really nice.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Jimmy hill lip is the greatest lip of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Aufbau Principle
    replied
    86+ early models and verts with diving boards have a different front valance and lip. More squared off in the front vs. the sloped in one on the 85 and earlier cars. You'll want to look for the '772' euro valance if you decide to fully convert the front.

This one's mine with the 772 valance and 'Jimmy Hill' lip:

I've got a set of those Melber weaves too, waiting for tires to go on, we'll have similar cars haha.

Originally posted by betz View Post
    Thanks but I had bought a new one for my 323 that should fit fine. Although, have no idea what the correct hardware to mount it is since last time I clearly ordered the wrong stuff haha.

Edit: shoot it looks like the "e" one is actually different. Mine has the brake ducts in them

Leave a comment:

• mr.
    replied
    Burgundrot is my favorite color ever

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    eyy! that looks great! I have a spare lip that should fit that bumper if you need one.
    Thanks but I had bought a new one for my 323 that should fit fine. Although, have no idea what the correct hardware to mount it is since last time I clearly ordered the wrong stuff haha.

Edit: shoot it looks like the "e" one is actually different. Mine has the brake ducts in them
    Last edited by betz; 04-25-2018, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    eyy! that looks great! I have a spare lip that should fit that bumper if you need one.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    I'd give it a few more coats of clear. You can kind of see the depth of the clear on the other panels. Factory clear coats tend to be thicker than most people think.

Color match looks really good too.
    Good call.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    I'd give it a few more coats of clear. You can kind of see the depth of the clear on the other panels. Factory clear coats tend to be thicker than most people think.

Color match looks really good too.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Finally took my car to the body shop. The radiator support had actually quite a bit of damage (somehow?) so I decided to do it right and replace it. The car still needs a few tweaks to get it perfect, they said I could bring it back if I noticed anything so I'll take them up on that offer. Right now the center piece that the kidney sit on is a little higher than the rest so the hood doesn't want to close when the kidney grill is in. But I have +1 grill! Haha.

This pic I just have it set in there after closing the hood :/

I decided to paint the fender myself which was kind of a bad move. Cus it was a total pain haha. The paint match I got is actually really really good however the shine is a little less than the rest of the car. I'll try more buffing but it might need another coat of clear.

Leave a comment:

• Andre3127
    replied
    AFM rebuild tutorial found on YouTube:

Video tutorial on how to refurbish/rebuild the Bosch Motronic air flow meter. Similar procedures can be applies to other units of similar design which can be...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X