2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Last edited by wworm; 06-09-2018, 03:21 PM. Reason: Double post

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Naiiiiiceeee

Lip looks
    Good man. This car really came together super well. I didn’t know your interior was as minty fresh as it is.

Did you get that lip at a junkyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    And here it is :) :

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    how are we feeling about ITB's? :devil: :devil: :devil:
    "For a bit" lol. I think I want to wait till next smog cycle till ITBs honestly. But long tubes will be coming in the near future!

In other news, I just pick n pulled a front lip off an '88 vert and it fits perfectly! $26. Going to re paint then just put it on. Pretty sure it's this guy:

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Definitely a good purchase. It'll hold me, for a bit.
    how are we feeling about ITB's? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Leave a comment:

• dhithim
    replied
    Wow crack free dash!

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    so how did the BavRest AFM work out? Did it fix your dead spots?
    The dead spots were fixed when I swapped back to the M20 AFM. But the M20 AFMs I have all have shitty idle when starting and bad throttle response at times.

Also, I'm not sure if any of my tunes are actually for the M20 AFM with my injectors. But I definitely know that I have one for the M30 AFM.

The Bavrest AFM fixed my idle, and the throttle response seems much better. It also hasn't hesitated at all except when the ECU is still learning. Took it past 5k a few times.

Definitely a good purchase. It'll hold me, for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    so how did the BavRest AFM work out? Did it fix your dead spots?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Always hated those "cool build", "awesome" type posts, but have to say, nice job on the car buddy. Been hanging around these parts for a minute, just usually don't say much lol, but I would drive the snot out of your car. :)
    Thanks for the compliments
    I have seen your posts around actually. I mean, I didn't do this all by myself.. I had all this information available on r3v and other sites. Which wouldn't exist without discussions from knowledgeable people. So thanks!

And don't worry I'ma drive the piss out of it
    except now I need to bring a sunshade

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Always hated those "cool build", "awesome" type posts, but have to say, nice job on the car buddy. Been hanging around these parts for a minute, just usually don't say much lol, but I would drive the snot out of your car. :)

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Alright!!

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    "new" dash. No it's not the NLA $1000+ dollar one. Going to baby this dash with 303 protectant and my fancy BMW sunshade.

It took me about 3 hrs to disconnect everything carefully, an hour for me and my friend Bruce to yank out the dash (Bruce is stupidly strong tho) , 15 mins to VIN swap, about two hours to carefully put it in (with much struggle), and then waaaay longer than it needed to be to bolt it into place because I couldn't figure out which bolt was the right one (it's the gold bolt with the fine threads).

My car is pretty much still at that point tho cus it's hot in the garage and I was was busy yesterday drinking beer and eating burgers.

It seems like the "reverse of removal" part will take much longer than the removal though. I'm also doing up my stereo and euro clock while I'm at it.

Oh and I got that Bavrest M30 AFM.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    dash swap is a true labor of love move.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    New dash in
    New or "new"

I only want to swap dashes once, so once my "new" one is ready, thats when I will swap...

How long did it take you to get to this point? Ive heard many difference time estimates

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    New dash in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X