e30mclow's e30 #14 - Now 1.5jz + 6 Speed

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jeenyus
    replied
    i've been working on patching rust on my car for like 2 months now and you finish it in an afternoon. lol. it's always motivating to see people knock this shit out in an evening.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pootis
    replied
    Originally posted by e30mclow

    The clue is on the box - I got it through CATuned. Available on their site.
    Damn right in front of my face lol

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by Pootis
    Where did you get that front valence?
    The clue is on the box - I got it through CATuned. Available on their site.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pootis
    replied
    Where did you get that front valence?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by hkv

    aluminum? that's an interesting choice for motor mounts. must be pretty lightweight. looks like 1/4" or 5/16" plate so hopefully itll be sturdy enough
    The exact same ones have been used and abused with far more power then mine, with no ill effects.


    As for the clutch - I agree, which it why I installed it how I did.
    It must be down to the Collins adapter kit and the shape of the conversion flywheel.

    Leave a comment:


  • hkv
    replied
    Originally posted by e30mclow
    Incorrect


    Correct

    really? most of the time the flat side of the clutch faces the engine and the raised section faces the tranny.

    Leave a comment:


  • hkv
    replied
    Originally posted by e30mclow

    Custom.

    aluminum? that's an interesting choice for motor mounts. must be pretty lightweight. looks like 1/4" or 5/16" plate so hopefully itll be sturdy enough
    Last edited by hkv; 09-23-2019, 02:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    3" Downpipe Problems


    Leave a comment:


  • the_eskimo_wonder
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn



    I think there’s a retailer who replaces the economy gauge with a boost gauge.
    Does this actually exist? I needs it!


    Also I love this build so much. 1/2JZ noises make me warm and fuzzy inside.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Yummy






    I recently fitted a 110amp Lexus SC400 alternator which solved a few little niggles I've been having.


    This allowed me to run the car for 20 minutes while I played with the Apexi AFC and got the AFR sitting pretty.

    The plan for the after work hours for this week is mainly repairing the aforementioned brake line. While moving the brake & fuel lines to where I can work on them, I decided to tackle the common rust spot beneath the accelerator pedal.
    I didn't take photo before investigating, but this is what appeared once I started digging around the pedal area. Following removal of the undersealer, there was only one tool for it - the grinder.












    I'll weld it in this weekend.

    To aid the bleeding of the cooling system, seems as my rad sits relatively low (although I'm using the stock e30 reservoir), I've added a bleeder screw to the 1JZ water neck.


    Exhaust parts are starting to arrive including stainless v-bands and flex pipes. I'm hoping to manage a 3" system, granted it'll sit a little low.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeenyus
    replied
    either way, hell yea!

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Incorrect


    Correct


    With that flipped, it moved out the door for a wash








    This allowed me to finally give this place a clean


    But of course, you win some you lose some. My rear feed brake hard line must have corroded at one of the plastic clips, as it drip-drip-dripped the contents of the reservoir over night. Therefore, no driving vids as I wasn't in the mood for replacing/repairing the thing lol

    Leave a comment:


  • e30mclow
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    How exciting!
    It would be, but I must not have been thinking and my clutch disc is in bacwards. I'll need to flip it tomorrow, but should still be on track for some self-powered movement this weekend.
    I have everything unbolted, I just need to lower the box tonight and fix my error.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    How exciting!

    Leave a comment:


  • gnmzl
    replied
    Bravo, sir! Excited to see it out and moving (video request)

    Leave a comment:

Working...