They really tie the room together, man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really tie the room together, man.

Installed some Recaro SRD Confetti (MK4 Supra) seats in my favorite E30 over the weekend. For those that don't know the history, I've owned this car twice (consistently for the last seven years) and it is the only car that I will never sell. It's the car that taught me how to work on cars, it also helped me to learn what not to do on cars

It's been in some state of disrepair over the last four years. Between 2011-2013, I put close to 75k miles on it (odometer broke a long time ago - guess what I don't care to fix?) I've been neglecting some seriously bad subframe bushings for the last 30k miles/many years, so I finally decided to tackle those a couple months back. Combine that with a 40% locking 373 LSD and a Clutch Masters clutch kit, it's a whole new car again. Ridiculously fun to drive.

It's arguably the biggest shitbox I own, too. Those are usually the most fun, I feel. Paint has seen far better days, though it takes to a cut and polish pretty decently still. I have the M-Tech kit off my cabrio (bought new Euro M-Tech bumpers for it) and have had the urge to have them painted and installed on this car. Whether that idea will come to fruition, who knows. An S/C kit is extremely appealing, too.

10/1988 sedan
    OBD1 S52/G260
    E30 M3 rear susp/E36 M3 AST coils
    17x8/17x9 E32 fitment M-Systems
    Endless burnouts <3

And a few pictures for your viewing pleasure, as well as a few old ones for nostalgia's sake.

(2011, purchase number two, beat DS1 wheels, half ass M50 swap, half ass E36/Z3 5 lug, rough paint and shit interior...but I loved it anyway)

Last edited by e30austin; 01-23-2018, 11:06 AM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

What a journey, and those seats are magical!!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I love this car! This is the kind of car that makes people want an E30- I bet it's a riot to drive. Also, I like the extensive "black out" for some reason. If the iS lip were black and the rear bumper were black as well I think it'd look cool, and I'm not normally into that kind of thing.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        What a journey, and those seats are magical!!
        Believe it or not, they are even comfier than they look!

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        I love this car! This is the kind of car that makes people want an E30- I bet it's a riot to drive. Also, I like the extensive "black out" for some reason. If the iS lip were black and the rear bumper were black as well I think it'd look cool, and I'm not normally into that kind of thing.
        It's the only car I can jump in and drive and not worry about a scratch or dent, etc. I got a black front bumper, after I sold the red one, when it was in its potential part-out phase and I plasti dipped the rear bumper to match, which didn't last, unfortunately. I loved the euro 318i look. Very strippo model, which I thought was kinda neat/different. Perhaps I will find another shitty bumper to paint black.

Still unsure what route I will end up going with this car. There's part of me that wants to get a CF hood, trunk, mirrors and do monowiper conversion and kinda leave it like that, give it the DTM kinda look. There's another part of me that wants to install the M-Tech kit and find a set of turbine covers for the M-Systems and do what I had planned for this car close to ten years ago. We will see...

Comment

Love it! Seat's look amazing, i've been debating splurging on Recaro's or getting some Corbeau's after I replace my 88's front bumper with a plastic one.

Did you paint or use blackout tape on the window trim? Going to attempt the blackout tape today on mine and see how it looks.

Comment

I painted it with John Deere blitz black many years ago. Holding up okay still, which is nice.

Comment

You rocking my old clutch? Haha glad it's finally driving again.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                You rocking my old clutch? Haha glad it's finally driving again.
                Yup! I really really like it a lot. Feels good to have a good clutch again for the first time in almost two years. Thanks again!

Comment

Glad it was usable. You resurface it? Im running the e34 m5 clutch and I love it

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                    Glad it was usable. You resurface it? Im running the e34 m5 clutch and I love it
                    Yeah, we got it sorted. The engagement feel is superb and the pedal feels about the same as stock, which is kinda neat.

Comment

Working...
                    X