No announcement yet.

Return to the E30 Chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if any of you are well-versed in the art of stomp testing please view my recent post in the electronics section and share your thoughts!

"It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Can someone explain this Asian guys face to me? I have been on the forum for so long now and I still have no idea wtf it's all about. lol

Comment

Return to the E30 Chambers

Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post

After this is done I will be turning my focus to the headliner and some DentPro work while 2mAn very patiently listens to me bitch about the previous owner's horseshit almost every single day and helps me figure out how best to blow my m20 into pieces with a turbo.

buy an E30 they said... it will be fun they said....

At least it sits nice now..

*this is the only pic I’ve been authorized to post by the bastard

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        Can someone explain this Asian guys face to me? I have been on the forum for so long now and I still have no idea wtf it's all about. lol

Rule #1: We do not talk about FredK
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

lol, same response I got before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The year was 1988...and it was raining that night...

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Holy Canoli those toyo spectrums ftw. Who says you need horsepower to get sideways on demand?!

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

isn't FredK the avatar with the sombrero?

Comment

All jokes aside...Fred Kavinsky. Legend.

Shop Merch: http://store.kavinsky.comFrom "OutRun", available in vinyl: https://kavinsky.bandcamp.comListen to the album on YouTube: https://youtube.com/watc...

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

lol, same response I got before.
                    See Rule #1

Holy Canoli those toyo spectrums ftw. Who says you need horsepower to get sideways on demand?!
                    We should get you a 4.10 LSD...

isn't FredK the avatar with the sombrero?
                    Never judge a man by the size of his sombrero

All jokes aside...Fred Kavinsky. Legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC88mhGVIy8
                    Will the real Fred K please stand up?!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Installed Ireland adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It does not come all billet like on the website pics. [emoji2959] TRE 255 LPH pump goes in after work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Lets get you a 4.10 LSD so you can get it sideways at intersections
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

TRE fuel pump in. The stock white plastic barrel fitting with orange grommets on the inside of it that connects the fuel pump outlet to the fuel pump assembly was wiggle loose. After I disconnected fuel pump from cradle it all just fell apart.

Car is running a fuckton better with juice throughout whole rpm band.

Still has a hiccup in idle. You can really hear it in the noisier 255lph pump before putting the sound cover back on.

Finally got around to rebuilding afm. It had been tampered with before. The cap to the idle mixture was heavily scored for one... Also found another throttle bodyish gasket called the "sealing frame" while dismantling it

Couple questions -

A. Were all AFM calibrated the same from factory or was each AFM calibrated to each individual car that it came from the factory with?

B. Is the factory idle mixture 3 full turns out on all AFM or does this very per model and/or motor?

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Idk about 4.10...unless youre saying put 4.10 until turbo lol

Thinking some light mods pre-turbo and going slightly taller on the ratio. Im going to blow this motor constantly redlining 2nd to be in the right place. 2nd gear is the right gear for road coarse type driving in this car with occasional opening up of 3rd.

With 4.10 I would have to ride the lower end of 3 and that would suck for stock motor throttle response. Would just be going faster around tight corners with no engine/throttle braking.

I don't know, maybe the 410 is far more drastic than I think. 1st gear will become entirely unusable and 3rd will be the new 2nd...

The ratio I am in now is the perfect ratio for straight line racing and roads with mostly sweeping curves like canyon or mountain roads. Roads with suggested speed limits of 10mph around corners, however...

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Also, I saw the eye of the tiger after getting the afm apart for the rebuild and didnt snap any more pics during cleanup and reassembly.

But heres a pic before. Note the scoring on the idle mixture screwcap. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

And heres one of the afm rebuilt for test mode until I get a new gasket in the mail. Had the battery unplugged overnight. Time to see how she idles.

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

I should note that I had to shrink tube the valve cover vent hose that connects to the throttle body housing. There was a fat crack on the bend nearest to throttle body. Stopgap until new hose arrives. Would this affect idle? Also, the mysterious air pump? Do I need to seal the three knurled tubes? They seem pressed in well enough when its all together...

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Working...
                                X