Return to the E30 Chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered oem rear bearings and axles.

Also mishimoto rad and oil cooler plus 7 series master cylinder and front/mid/rear lines.

Trying to stay on turbo prep schedule without spiraling off into body perfection mode but the valence I have is not going back on. Pics of it coming i think ill just give it to the car club with the rest of the stuff when I head back down to LA this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    "It wouldn't be there if it wasn't..." - Milton Berle

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Notice the oil cooler hanging by zip tie and the copper shims on the bumper shock...and the killed rad support column.

I dont want to admit how many home depot sheet metal screws came out of the car during this process.

Theres more, just keep looking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

Hahaha Kah-lassic!

Comment

2 months later:

Plans changed - I'm keeping it period correct and going turbo. The motor I'm building in LA will be a stroker with forged pistons and h-beam rods from IE at 8lbs of compression. Thinking kam's budget turbo would be fine for my first go around with this.

I have relocated the oil cooler to behind the kidney grilles with a mishimoto cooler, as well as upgraded to aluminum radiator with a spal fan wired into factory wiring. Oil filter has been relocated as well. I am now working on fabricating a windshield fluid container for the battery tray and that will be the last thing I need to do for turbo prep in the engine bay.

I have also had the diff fully rebuilt, replaced the giubo, csb, driveshaft, installed brand new GKN axles, rear wheel bearings (unlike me, please remember to remove the ABS sensors before removing and installing the bearings). All thunking, clunking, noises, and vibrations are gone.

Also upgraded to the 7 series 25mm MC. Replaced clutch line to steel, replaced clutch slave + master cylinders, replaced all rubber brake lines to steel-braided.

Installed some of the gauges - volt, oil psi, oil temp. Found a real sweet manifold that I remotely mounted to the frame rail - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have another old school tuner gauge pod to sit on top of the garagistic ashtray pod. Will look pretty sweet - gonna do wideband afm, boost gauge, and water temp (unless someone has a better suggestion, I do need to fill up the third slot).

Car sits on the rear tires with IE Stage 3. Going to have to get rear ride-height adjustable perches. That'll fix my lean, too, although sounds like I have a bent trailing arm since I've replaced everything else and still have the driver's side lean.

There's a bunch of other random stuff I've been up to with this car, my latest challenge is trying to work out the last of the idle bugs before I tear it all apart again to install the MS3. I obsess, what can I say, but at least the idling problem has given my hands a week to heal.

Before I park this thing in the garage for MS3 and turbo I have a couple more things to do for turbo prep - lightened flywheel + stage 2 Kevlar single mass & get the suspension right for the ZIII's.

1988 325iS - M20

Comment

I’m pretty sure there’s a factory windshield washer box that goes in the battery tray area in the engine bay. Can’t remember which one though
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Got a chance to drive the car this weekend. It’s pretty good. It was on the basketweaves not the wheels pictured. I keep hoping he’d post this pic but he hasn’t... so I am lol

Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X