Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    Everything okay here

Fill it till it starts flowing back FROM THE FILL HOLE.

Not the bottom he means the borrom of the "fill hole screw" like a bathtub to the rim.

:)
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yup awesome I think I actually did it right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to vent. So I’ve already attempted to drop in my M20 4 or 5 times with no luck. First attempt normal chains with tranny bolted on to the motor....fail. Need more tilt a lot more tilt. I went and bought a load leveler from harbor fright. So attempt 2 load leveler did not come with clips of anyway to secure the chains so I used the old chains but it wasn’t quite secure and I still could not get enough tilt....fail. Time to change strategy I unbolted trans and tried to come straight down with it.....fail the clutch hits and wants to rip shit so I abort that idea only if I had some tilt duh!! So this is where I am I went to buy some pad locks and clips to secure the chains it’s on the load leveler pad locked and level ready to tilt in now the question is do I go back to going in with transmission and all??? Or just get the fucker in there and worry later?? Here’s the kicker the alternator went out on my 2000 Nissan Maxima and it’s been raining I have the alternator just haven’t found the time or dryness/daylight to do either vehicles!!! I’m going nucking futs!! Thanks for hearing me R3V this struggle is all too real. I want to drive already!!!

Comment

Please Safety 1st! This was just to lift up the motor to change motor mounts and oilpan, just an inch lift that's it. You can easily loose a finger,or worse, moving the motor, is dangerous, honestly at this point i'd have a mechanic do it for me honestly. Then I'll proceed with the rest :)

Do you have a engine hoist btw?

Last edited by Sonny; 03-04-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Please Safety 1st! This was just to lift up the motor to change motor mounts and oilpan, just an inch lift that's it. You can easily loose a finger,or worse, moving the motor, is dangerous, honestly at this point i'd have a mechanic do it for me honestly. Then I'll proceed with the rest :)

I do I also have the load leveler.

Comment

That’s genius lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	7200971
              Attempt 6 is a charm! Mission accomplished will continue hooking everything up tomorrow!!

Comment

damn I shouldve asked if I could borrow your crane before I went out and bought my own.

Congrats on getting the engine in. just a matter of time before she is driving again

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                  damn I shouldve asked if I could borrow your crane before I went out and bought my own.

Congrats on getting the engine in. just a matter of time before she is driving again

Thank you man! Anytime! But now that you have one it’s way easier. The load leveler was a life saver as well a must have!

Comment

less posting about nonsense and get back to work on this...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      less posting about nonsense and get back to work on this...

For sure! We got some sunlight today so I will be wrenching after work. It’s been raining in So-Cal so progress has been halted. I will keep this updated as soon as I tie up these final touches. Super excited!

Comment

My “free” e30

When I dropped the engine In I unmarried the transmission. Really did not want to finesse and finagle it in like that. I had to push the motor forward with all my strength once it was above the engine bay. The reason for pushing is the arm of the hoist being so upright brought the m20 back toward me. Keep in mind I have it at a slight angle. So I’m lowering as I’m pushing and it goes in so smooth. Had to move a mount over cause it was in wrong spot then finally tightened everything up. The part I’m trying to get to is how I put the transmission in haha. So I jacked up the car from the front as high as I can go and set my jack stands. After this I’m just staring down my e30 like it’s a open mouth of a beast. I’m staring for like 5-10 mins before I grow some balls. I grab my transmission slowly inch it under the car lined up where it goes. I grab my jack and lift the trans and set it on it. With my leg I’m jacking the jack until the transmission is lined up pushed it forward and then....boom I got it!!! It was a wonderful feeling especially cause I was told I need a lift. I probably could have been crushed or killed but hey I got er done!! Planning on progress today!

Last edited by Beamerboi; 03-08-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7201018
                          Another successful day. Tightened all my transmission bolts. Got the softline hooked to the slave cylinder. Hooked up my shift linkage. For the last touches I threw on my Condor Speed Shop Shifter and boot! Now all that is left is too hook everything up lube up and see if she fires!

Comment

My “free” e30

So I figured out where most of these go but there are 6 identical plug in that I cannot figure out where they go. Keep in mind this is a different M20 and I’ve converted it to stick. Possibly tomorrow I will get more detailed pictures. Does anyone know if when you to a swap from auto to Stick will there be leftover wires?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0919.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	7201041
                            Last edited by Beamerboi; 03-10-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Great job bringing this one back from the dead. Keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                                Great job bringing this one back from the dead. Keep it going.

Tysm can’t wait to drive! I just need to figure out this wiring and slap in the drive shaft. It just seems like there is more plugs than connections? Hopefully I figure it out soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X