No announcement yet.

Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, in a sea of weaves, the SSRs stand out and I have a personal attachment to them. They will be with me until they are no longer up to the task.

This morning was the first drive to work and it was wonderful. I adjusted the front Konis to nearly their softest setting, but not totally soft and its lovely. Even some of the crappy roads I deal with werent worse than the stock setup, in fact felt a little better because of the fresh hardware

PS for those wondering why gray primer on the upper part of the strut housings, thats weld-through primer for down the road when I have the M3 swaybar tabs welded on.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

hell yeah
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Lookin good, man! Now fix that chin spoiler :)

Does the AC work? Sorry if you mentioned alrteady.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
          Lookin good, man! Now fix that chin spoiler :)

Does the AC work? Sorry if you mentioned alrteady.
          haha Im about to zip tie because its so annoying!

A/C was already converted to R134 several years ago. I havent used it yet, but PO told me that it needs another recharge. I already bought a brand new Nissens Condensor, I have a new drier, just a few more pieces and I expect to have ICE COLD A/C ... and I will need it soon.

Cold A/C in an E30 is such an awesome and strange thing. I highly recommend it if you havent experienced it yet
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            haha Im about to zip tie because its so annoying!

A/C was already converted to R134 several years ago. I havent used it yet, but PO told me that it needs another recharge. I already bought a brand new Nissens Condensor, I have a new drier, just a few more pieces and I expect to have ICE COLD A/C ... and I will need it soon.

Cold A/C in an E30 is such an awesome and strange thing. I highly recommend it if you havent experienced it yet
            All of my E30s have had working AC (or I made it work). Hit the button and see what happens!? I wouldnt replace anything if its currently working with a freon top off. Dont break the seal unless you have to.

Comment

needs moar low
              We're in deep now boys
              1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
              1988 340iL - Track car
              My M60 V8 swap thread here
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Plus one ice cold a/c!

Comment

All of my E30s have had working AC (or I made it work). Hit the button and see what happens!? I wouldnt replace anything if its currently working with a freon top off. Dont break the seal unless you have to.
                  Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  Plus one ice cold a/c!
                  Forgot to try it on the way home yesterday, I will try it today (If I remember)

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                  needs moar low
                  cirrusly?! lol actually, I will likely spin the adjusters a little lower right before I take it in for the alignment. I will send you the first pics when I do it.

In other news, I installed a 3.23 that was removed from a 88-325is and not at all a stock part for that car. The tag was blank put had a "S" stamped into it. Im enjoying the new ratio so far, but I still have a noisy rear end noise. I hoped it was the old diff, but it doesnt appear to be so. Now Im thinking its a wheel bearing. There wasnt play in either of them so I was hoping for the best and justifying the diff change for the ratio alone. I need to figure out what its from...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Is it not stupid slow with a 3.23 in it? Wheel bearing sounds likely. If it doesnt need it now, it will eventually.

Comment

Anything feels faster when they come with a 2.73 or 2.93. Can't remember what it actually is. How hard was it changing your diff? That's been something I have always wanted to do on mine.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Is it not stupid slow with a 3.23 in it? Wheel bearing sounds likely. If it doesnt need it now, it will eventually.
                        Im sure whoever put it in a 325is was hating it, but its an upgrade from the 2.93

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                        Anything feels faster when they come with a 2.73 or 2.93. Can't remember what it actually is. How hard was it changing your diff? That's been something I have always wanted to do on mine.
                        Changing the diff was fairly easy with 2 other people helping out. Also helps being a lower mileage CA car. Pretty much everything came out fairly easily. I sprayed WD40 on everything prior to removal. The top 4 holding the diff to the subframe were definitely the hardest ones to take off, but I used the doubled-up wrench method and with some grunt they came off. Installing the new diff wouldve been impossible without at least one other person helping.

All hand tools done in my garage, on the floor. Not the best scenario, but we were done within 5 hours of starting, and that was with an extended hour+ dinner and margaritas for the helpers lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

My rear end noise, which i really thought was the diff, turned out to be wheel bearings. I had a consistent squeal that didn’t change when i applied straight line or lateral forces which made me think it was the diff. You know, wheel bearings usually complain with lateral forces. Anyway, i replace both rear wheel bearings and cv axles and my diff with 215k on it is remarkably quiet so my car is quiet again.

I’m sure you’ve messed with wheel bearings but i will warn you anyway, I’m pretty savvy in the shop and it took me 3 days and a lot of sore muscles. (Prob because I’m 49 and my back isn’t in great shape). It took me 2 days to finish one side and the other side took me a few hours, so it was a matter of getting the right process together.

Your car looks good and i think you nailed the ride height. But i like them higher than most of you.
                          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

nice!! everytime i come back to the board you have a new one!!
                            89 325i 4dr s52
                            02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                            21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

let me know if you end up swapping that 3.23 back out...
                              We're in deep now boys
                              1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                              1988 340iL - Track car
                              My M60 V8 swap thread here
                              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                                nice!! everytime i come back to the board you have a new one!!
                                haha I really think this ones the keeper

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                                let me know if you end up swapping that 3.23 back out...
                                ugh I hope not!

I was hoping for a win-win situation with the Diff swap and it didnt pan out to that as I still have the noise in the back, which Im blaming on the driverside rear wheel bearing so thats planned for Friday

fingers crossed!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X