May 2019 Car of the Month: Levy3Poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    Been following Ruby’s thread for a while and look at you now!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate it, bud! It's funny to hear how much people like it when I see it an think "Yup, looks pretty good, buuuut (insert next task)" haha

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome car! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
        I appreciate it, bud! It's funny to hear how much people like it when I see it an think "Yup, looks pretty good, buuuut (insert next task)" haha

Not every car needs to be absolutely perfect to look good but there are many small things like repainting the trim with another coat of trim paint or polishing that add up and make a big difference in the overall look. I think it's better to have balance between aesthetics and functionality. That way, you don't have to be paranoid about where you park or even driving it. Calypso and Laguna look great on these facelifted models.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
          Awesome car! Congrats!
          Thanks, bud! Judging by your name, I assume you're in Atlanta. If that's true, are you going to the Classic this month in NC?

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            Not every car needs to be absolutely perfect to look good but there are many small things like repainting the trim with another coat of trim paint or polishing that add up and make a big difference in the overall look. I think it's better to have balance between aesthetics and functionality. That way, you don't have to be paranoid about where you park or even driving it. Calypso and Laguna look great on these facelifted models.
            You have a good point. I try to balance doing function/repair work and appearance stuff as well. Repainting the black trim is definitely at the top of my "bugs me but is totally not necessary for now" list

Comment

You have a good point. I try to balance doing function/repair work and appearance stuff as well. Repainting the black trim is definitely at the top of my "bugs me but is totally not necessary for now" list
              SEM Trim paint is the way to go, you'll lose the gloss that is incorrect. Could just be one of those "eventually I'll do it" projects
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                SEM Trim paint is the way to go, you'll lose the gloss that is incorrect. Could just be one of those "eventually I'll do it" projects
                So with the trim paint it's a matte finish?

Comment

Satin. SEM is the best. Hands down

Comment

I've been tuning into your build thread since it started, glad to see you earn COTM!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                      I've been tuning into your build thread since it started, glad to see you earn COTM!
                      Thank you kindly, sir!

Comment

...are you going to the Classic this month in NC?
                        Do you mean The Vintage?

If so, there will be a lot of R3V folks in the area that week. I know some of us (like me) will be going to the Passion exhibit at the Foundation on Friday. For anyone in the area Thursday, we'll be driving the Dragon and/or Moonshiner 28 and/or the Skyway for anyone who wants to try and keep... I mean *meet* up. :mrgreen:

Great car, and absolutely deserving of the honor - congrats!
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          Do you mean The Vintage?

If so, there will be a lot of R3V folks in the area that week. I know some of us (like me) will be going to the Passion exhibit at the Foundation on Friday. For anyone in the area Thursday, we'll be driving the Dragon and/or Moonshiner 28 and/or the Skyway for anyone who wants to try and keep... I mean *meet* up. :mrgreen:

Great car, and absolutely deserving of the honor - congrats!
                          Yes! The Vintage! No idea why I keep calling it The Classic lol. If you see me, feel free to come say hello! My wife and I are going to be camping while we're out there, so I apologize in advance for the funk lol

Comment

Thanks, bud! Judging by your name, I assume you're in Atlanta. If that's true, are you going to the Classic this month in NC?

I will be at the Vintage! I'm actually the one who commented on your instagram post. My username is e30_kutka. Looking forward to seeing your car along with a couple other fellow R3v'ers (mike.bmw, Zeemz, etc.)

I'll be sure to come introduce myself!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                              I will be at the Vintage! I'm actually the one who commented on your instagram post. My username is e30_kutka. Looking forward to seeing your car along with a couple other fellow R3v'ers (mike.bmw, Zeemz, etc.)

I'll be sure to come introduce myself!
                              I am jealous of everyone going to The Vintage this year! I'm not able to make it this year, but I'm planning on attending next year (first time).

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                                I am jealous of everyone going to The Vintage this year! I'm not able to make it this year, but I'm planning on attending next year (first time).
                                Are there two Vintages?

I only knew about the Saratoga one. Which one's better?

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X