Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

progress made... (bunch of pics, 56k beware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

progress made... (bunch of pics, 56k beware)

so around this time a year ago i bought my first e30. its a 1986 325es. when i bought it the car was in pieces, no motor or trans, and nothing else mechanical installed basically but with pretty much everything i needed to put it together placed in the trunk. the car sat for years until one day i finally stopped and decided to see what the guy wanted for it. i didnt know a whole lot but i wanted it. so i picked it up for 650 bucks which i THOUGHT was a steal. at the time i didnt have the mechanical know how to put it together so i started my hunt to find someone to put it together. and the first person that came to mind was a local guy that i met a couple of times but hardly knew (JGood - hes a user here and now a good friend that gives me a hand whenever i need it). so for some reason i worked up the courage to ask him to do it for me. surprisingly he said yes and i was on my way. it was to be done in his spare time and no hurry. so after a few months and another transmission and abs unit, the car ran and drove. then we worked out a shitload of kinks and now the car is a reliable daily driver. im slowly replacing as much as possible on the car while still needing to drive it everyday. well so no one posts up the "whoa nigga, i aint reading all that shit" ill cut it off there. so on to the list of shit thats been done as of january 28, 2007.

chip, new brembos all the way around, hawk pads up front, satisfieds in the rear, eibachs with bilstein sports, adjustable camber/caster plates, timing belt, water pump, belt tensioner, distrubutor cap, cap rotor, plugs, plug wires, all exhaust gaskets replaced, CSB, emblems, fuel filter, glove box, shift knob, center console, tail lights, complete exhaust, trunk carpet, tires, wheels,

I know theres more i just cant think of all of it right now.

heres how it started out

then when it was first driveable with a little bit of freshening (with JGood's car)

and how it sits today

i know its no show car, and i dont plan for it to be but im still not done. i plan to autocross it this spring/summer and slowly keep doing things to it like wheels, tires, exhaust, maybe even paint and a swap...

flame away :up:
    Last edited by jhower08; 01-28-2007, 09:49 PM.

good work.. i feel your pride on getting it this far...

interesting idea on the full black bunper --
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

Comment

yea i think i like it, for now i just sprayed them and they are starting to chip and shit. so in a couple months im going to get them powder coated.

Comment

thats a good bit of progress. keep up the good work and maybe throw some weaves on.
        Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
        Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

nice looking car, What is the 2 inspection stickers for? We only have one down here in Bedford county.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
            thats a good bit of progress. keep up the good work and maybe throw some weaves on.
            yea if i find some nice ones for a decent price i think im going to go that route

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
            nice looking car, What is the 2 inspection stickers for? We only have one down here in Bedford county.
            one is for emissions and the other is for the actual inspection. thats weird that youre in the same state and the law is different down there.

Comment

Originally posted by jhower08 View Post
              one is for emissions and the other is for the actual inspection. thats weird that youre in the same state and the law is different down there.

I hope they never put emissions in down here. None of my cars have cats on them.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                I hope they never put emissions in down here. None of my cars have cats on them.
                haha. they only test cars 1995 and up, anything older is just a visual inspection to make sure everything is there.

Comment

Y-E-S for progress glad for ya

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

This is my favorite, having to pull the engine back out 20 minutes after getting it in and the wiring hooked up. Bonus points to anyone that can tell what's wrong with this picture.
                    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

it looks really good! maybe we can go for a shoot one day!
                      Recent Rebranding!!
                      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                      E30 SM62/S62
                      E30 M60 V8
                      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                      Instagram.com/garageaholic
                      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I exhaust manifolds / downpipes going into an e exhaust?
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
                          it looks really good! maybe we can go for a shoot one day!
                          yea i think we need to have a meet in the northeast, it seems like theres a ton of people... just not meets.

Comment

Yuengling Keg-erator - - YUMMM!!!!!
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

yuor cool for putting the exhaust manifold on wrong!
                              but I have no idea what you have gong on with that exhaust anyway.

PROPS for the progress. Looks like its really coming along. nice rescue!

Comment

Working...
                              X