I crashed my 345i (pictures inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I crashed my 345i (pictures inside)

Doesn't matter how it happened, it just happened. There was nobody else involved... just me. with that being said, insurance is not involved. Remember I painted it myself, so bringing it to a body shop is not an option here. the car still runs and drives fine. No shakes, noises, rattles...etc.

Do you think this is something I can do on my own? or how do you suggest it be done...

Because i dont know if i should part it out instead...

Please, i dont' want any smartass comments like, "you can just give me the engine" or shit like that. This is very traumatizing. i spent a year and a half building this car from the ground up including 2 months of painting it with a fuckin roller. Please help.

Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Wow, I am so sorry my friend. I don't have many suggestions here, that work looks like too much to fix correctly...I could be wrong though, I hope you can fix it, your car is amazing...

You could always swap into a new shell...
    Reminiscing...

Comment

For sure the inverted ///M stripe is to blame. :p

That is a lot of damage though, but since everything else looks fine, I'd go a quick search around the state for a nice new shell to drop everything in.
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Good point. i never thought about that .... i only did this last night, so i haven't had much time to think about anything other than, "i'm a fuckin jerk"
        Recent Rebranding!!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

damn that sucks bro, find a clean shell?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

yeah rear quarterpanels are the worst, you would have to weld in a new one to get it to look right again. Sorry to see that happen after all the work that you have put into it :(
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Arg, and you just completed it. Got something else lined up?

Comment

Oversteer driftito ended your play day.
                Good job!

Find a clean shell and swap all the crap over.
                Below the radar...

Comment

Nothing else lined up as of now..... this happened about 9 hours ago after the 3EB concert in binghamton....

I'm really torn.. i had so many plans this summer. cruising and shit....meets with you guys.. omg i can't believe this.

I was thinking of parting it out. maybe I can't handle this power.. Maybe I dont know how to use it wisely. Maybe it was a message that I should get rid of it before I inadvertently do something really bad... I dont' know. I could get a good amount of money for parting it out piece by piece....

it was oversteer
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

dont think that you cant handle the power, just take some classes and find an m3 shell.. there is one here in austin that a guy is selling for 4500, its silver with a carbon fiber hood.. he blew the motor on a track(running the engine with no oil).. just look around and you will find a good shell..

Comment

Hey man, we all make mistakes, so long as you learn from them, and the fact that you're okay is what counts...

Find a clean shell! Even if you did get a new quarter panel, rear parts, the c-pillar might be out of alignment...and hey, if you do get a nice shell with shitty paint, you know what to do!

And think of the upside, you didn't bend any of those sick wheels, your pricey spoiler is still intact...all the parts that aren't easily replaceable are still there! So when you do get a new shell it won't be hard to make it nice, just the tedious task of finding the right shell and the painting.

Hope whatever you do works well without too much headache, and take some classes or somewhere sanctioned so you can get a handle on that massively awesome motor.
                      Reminiscing...

Comment

Nice r3v, that didn't take too long. Find another E30 and go without the turboz powerz d00d! Take it as a learning experience and go track/autox a stock car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

definitely a new shell...perhaps a 2 door or even an M?

Comment

This almost makes me sick to my stomach. I feel for you.
                            I kept watching your thread about painting your car, I KNOW that took a lot of time. Let's not even count the engine, etc..
                            Dude, I'm sorry.
                            If it were me, I would find a new shell.
                            Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              Nice r3v, that didn't take too long. Find another E30 and go without the turboz powerz d00d! Take it as a learning experience and go track/autox a stock car.
                              Ditto
                              Sucks man I know you put alot of time into it, but I think TJ is right. Chalk it up to experience and move on. The important thing is you are ok! A car is a car.
                              Yours truly,
                              Rich
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Rigmaster
                              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Working...
                              X