Trucks FTMFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks FTMFL

I was driving down I30 today, and all of a sudden, this big ass gravel truck in the lane to the left of me speeds by and I hear a big "pneumatic whoosh." My window was down, and a rock managed to hit me in the face. Shocked, I looked to my left and I saw TONS of rocks spilling all over the highway and a huge cloud of dust. I heard them hitting my car and I tried to pull over to the right shoulder as quickly as possible.

These rocks damaged several cars... luckily no one was hurt. Heres PART of the damage :roll:

I don't know how much labor will cost to fix it... I get to take it to a shop of my choice though, right?

91 318is

contact the company that the truck belongs too and tell them you want to file with their insurance company. unless your insurance has already contacted them.

Comment

Have your insurance agent deal with the truck company/thier insurance, that is what you pay them for.

Sucks man, had the same thing happen to me and still waiting for a new windshield :(

Comment

Looks like a couple of the rocks hit your seat.

Comment

with a paint job like that, dont bother getting it fixed for much money. find the color to match in small touch-up bottles.

also, you wont be able to take any legal action against them about this.
          ive tried

Comment

Get a quote from the body shop of your choice. Take the cash and do with it as you please. Paint work is $$ and might not be woth having repaint. I say take the cash and use some touchup paint.
            sigpic

Comment

This sucks. Even my shadowlined trim got chipped really badly. There were no blemishes in the paint before...

They did a police report and everything. This wasn't just a rock or two that flew out of the bed. It was tons of them. Multiple cars with cracked windshields. I dont see why I wouldnt be able to take legal action against them.

I dont think they can just ignore the damage it caused. I notified my insurance company today. Hope I don't get hosed -.-;

Thanks for the advice

91 318is

Comment

If it happened to multiple people, you'll be taken care of for sure.
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

The car has had previous paint work... while it's a bummer, you wont be getting a "settlement" of any kind. You can hope to get the windshield replaced at best. The rest of it is going to have to be touch-up paint.

Total bummer.
                  Below the radar...

Comment

Your car looks like it had a shitball repaint anyway, you probably don't get shit. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post
                      Looks like a couple of the rocks hit your seat.
                      Haha. There are a bunch of rocks in my BACKseat that I noticed today ;).

Originally posted by trent View Post
                      Your car looks like it had a shitball repaint anyway, you probably don't get shit. Bummer.
                      Just because it isn't the best paint in the world doesn't mean I don't deserve anything for it.

I don't understand this logic. Are you saying I can go on the highway with a box of rocks on the roof, and dump them while I'm doing 65mph, damaging multiple cars and not have any repercussions?

91 318is

Comment

Sounds like the driver opened the air gate switch or had a air line failure witch is completely the companies fault.
                        You better believe I would be looking for some money to get it touched up or whatever.

Comment

typical people out for a handout...things happen, handle it.

Comment

The case law in Texas calls things that fall from trucks missiles, flying debris, or cargo and the comprehensive portion of your insurance pays for it. After it stops moving and is sitting in the roadway it becomes a road hazard which is excluded from coverage. Truck companies resist claims as most have a high threshold of risk retention. $100,000 is not uncommon. If you have comprehensive coverage go through your own company and let them subrogate against the trucking company. Usually depreciation only applies to a complete repaint. Contrary to popular belief it is not your agent's responsibility to advocate for you against other parties. That would be practicing law without a license. They can take action if they paid money on the claim because then they have a financial interest.

Comment

Look at that masking line around your windshield seal, and then tell me your paint didn't have any flaws before

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X