No announcement yet.

New member with pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice man i just bought one almos the same, for the same price. You will have fun working on it.

Comment

Welcome to the site and nice car.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys and yeah I need a bentley manual badly

Comment

just do alot of buffing

as for the faded red bumper parts, just paint those back to black like they came from the factory

looks like the body is in pretty good shape!
          hellaflush x driftunit

Comment

open up the steering column. i would say about 70% of the time the stalks will fall off b/c the screws fell out.

if it really is broken, i think i have one sitting around that i would be willing to sell you.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I have a nice trunklid for ya..paint is probably 9-9.5/10. The 3rd brakelight is faded though

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                open up the steering column. i would say about 70% of the time the stalks will fall off b/c the screws fell out.

if it really is broken, i think i have one sitting around that i would be willing to sell you.

Thanks, I forgot to update the thread though. We bought one off Ebay really cheap and had to open up the column to replace it but it went well and works great.

Comment

Looks promising! The paint should look great with a proper waxing. ;)

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I hope so... Its daunting due to the fact I dont know anything about BMWs but it will be a great learning experience for Rachel and I.

Comment

clean out your window switches. do this first before you switch out the window motor.
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

91-92 cabbies had plastic bumper 93 was the model change to e36 in coupe and 4 doors only e36 cabbies were not available until 94 that is why the e30 ran into 92 so there would not be a long period between cabbie models.

Comment

Good start, there is tons of info here and on other forums that will help you along. Nice to see more cabby's on the forum!
                          '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                          '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                          '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                          iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                          sigpic

Comment

Your paint really doesn't look bad in the pictures, it has a deep red instead of a pink look like most faded red E30's have. I'd go to down with a buffer and do a cut/polish and I bet you'll be happy with the results. I wouldn't waste a $50 paint job on that car (until you've tried restoring the paint at least).

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              Your paint really doesn't look bad in the pictures, it has a deep red instead of a pink look like most faded red E30's have. I'd go to down with a buffer and do a cut/polish and I bet you'll be happy with the results. I wouldn't waste a $50 paint job on that car (until you've tried restoring the paint at least).

If it wasnt keyed up on the drivers side with the word FAG etched into the rear quater panel I would do that, but I dont like the looks I get with it at stop lights when people actually get a good look at the keyed part of the car. We did buy it that way though so I cant claim it on insurance either.

The hood also has peeling paint and the trunk is so faded in spots its turned white...notice all the pics are from a distance. I didnt want it to look to horrible the first time it was plastered over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X