pictures of my dirty car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan
    The only reason the stupid iX exists in the first place is because BMW felt the need to compete with Audi.
    I'd opt for an Audi Quattro 90 anyday over an IX, personally.....

p.s. Jordan, Don't forget the Depos ;) Not Euro Ellips

Nando, those 'waves will look pimp with Nagaro silver! Definately change the look of the car. But good for an IX now regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
      I'd opt for an Audi Quattro 90 anyday over an IX, personally.
      Absolutely. I agree 100%

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I doubt they were designed with hiding how high the car is in mind. That is just a matter of perception anyways.

As for rock chip protection.... how many enthusiests do you know that take their iX's offroad? Do you? If you do take it off road the paint on the flairs will be chipped instead of the rockers... its a lose/lose.....

The only reason the stupid iX exists in the first place is because BMW felt the need to compete with Audi.
        the ix sits almost an inch higher than all the other E30s, it's not perception. the track is also wider (nearly an inch wider), and I don't know about in Oregon, but around here there is a lot of sand and gravel on the roads during the winter when it gets icy. They also extend down and over the fender lips, more so in the front. it does give a bit more tire room, but mostly it's because the ix sits higher anyway. ET25 will also fill it out more than the ix wheels would have.

I'm sure jordan has driven many ixs so he should know everything about them. ;)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

1) nando you are right go 5spd first, got a nice tranny waiting, hint.
          2) I take my ix offroading hell drove the damn thing to Alaska & back from KS drove all over the logging roads up there in BC and spend plenty of time on gravel roads around here in KS.
          and the ix (xi now) are all over Austria and Switz., so there was a demand by bavarian region for the car not just to compete with audi. BMW reliability with awd
          E30 325ix 62k

Comment

nando, your car is fine. I'd rock it. I have an older Audi 5000s turbo. Has to be the biggest piece of shit I've owned. Un-reliable as hell and parts are expensive as fuck compared to BMW.

The 325ix's are damn cool. AWD, can't beat that.
            Current BMW's:
            2004 330Ci
            1986 European 325i cabrio
            1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
            1989 325is RIP
            1989 325iX RIP
            2001 740iL RIP

Comment

Originally posted by mph
              I have an older Audi 5000s turbo. Has to be the biggest piece of shit I've owned. Un-reliable as hell.
              That is because the 5000s sucks

a 5000s is not a Quattro 90

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I also take my IX off road.. never got stuck yet

Comment

I also take my IX off road.. never got stuck yet

Comment

Originally posted by mph
                    I have an older Audi 5000s turbo. Has to be the biggest piece of shit I've owned. Un-reliable as hell.
                    That is because the 5000s sucks

a 5000s is not a Quattro 90
                    I agree, I had one! Got it very cheap though, lasted long enough. Its gone for good now.

Audi 4000CS. Best around IMO, and they're fun. I would take an Audi 90 Coupe (which my dads best friend is trying to sell his) though.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

I was seriously looking at Audi Quattro 90's before I found my E30. I mean they are heavy, but power is alright, and price was okay. They look attractive in my eyes, and Quattro pwnz j00. 1990-91 20V I-5 90 Sedan or Quattro Coupe still hold a place in my heart. I might pick one up after college as a winter driver......if I don't get like a X5 or something (depends how shit goes)

But they are nice cars, and just a little on the heavy side. But decent aftermarket support, and a good following for the 20V. Also a kick ass motor swap - RS2 motor!

I decided to go BMW, and love RWD. But if I wanted AWD, like I said above, I'd go Quattro. No IX love here. I mean......had to come out with something to compete.....but I'd go for the real thing, not a poseur.

Ali Goulet's 20V Turbo Quattro Coupe:

Comment

Working...
                      X