Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 doors and metal bumpers never looked so nice (Lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think dboards can look hot too! yours is a great example

what are the specs of the wheels? what offset in parrticular.

Comment

LOVE the rims. Them shits is baller.

Comment

Originally posted by DuMa View Post
        i think dboards can look hot too! yours is a great example

what are the specs of the wheels? what offset in parrticular.
        I say have the metal part of the bumpers painted to match, much like when guys with euro bumpers paint the chrome. Its unique and no one has really done it...others that have the skin around it have, but not just the bare bumpers...

The wheels are 15x7" with the correct centerbore for E30's, and come in an array of offsets, including 15 and 0. They also come in 16"

Ask me why I know, and I'll tell you its the only wheel I'd consider trading/selling mine for.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Your car is fucking outstanding. Never put any other bumpers on that car, and don't paint the metal! It looks perfect the way it is. The only thing that irks me is the tint with the chrome window trim, but I can 100% understand the need for tint here in FL.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            Looking good man! Going to stay with that look or change / add anything ?

P.S. I didn't have to drill anything for the turn signal wires either.

yeah, I plan to stay with this look. I would prefer some euro bumps, but I can't justify the cost. Part of my attraction to these cars is the relatively low cost to fun ratio. When I bought the car, I was sure I would one day do the swap to plastics. I'm loving the look now, though, and definately want to keep it old school.

Drilling for the turn signal wires may not have been totally necessary, but the signal in the metal bumper didn't want to line up perfectly with the existing valence holes - so i just drilled some new ones.

"Your car is fucking outstanding. Never put any other bumpers on that car, and don't paint the metal! It looks perfect the way it is. The only thing that irks me is the tint with the chrome window trim, but I can 100% understand the need for tint here in FL."

Thanks, I didn't want to tint it either, but there were a couple days on I75 with the sun blazing down and I was sweating with the A/C on full blast and I said fuck it.

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Its been a lot of work - but thats half the fun anyway. :D
            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
            Originally posted by slammin.e28
            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

those tires are beefy... they make the stance perfect

Comment

Good stuff!

I'm diggin' this look.
                Trevor Ely
                '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Im lovin it! Killer stance, killer wheels, killer offset and killer bumper combo.

Now shadowline that trim and repaint the bumper surrounds and you're golden :D
                  oh, and perhaps some euro ellipsoids in the future?

Comment

ya man, there is something about 4 doors and metal bumpers. . .
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
                      Im lovin it! Killer stance, killer wheels, killer offset and killer bumper combo.

Now shadowline that trim and repaint the bumper surrounds and you're golden :D
                      oh, and perhaps some euro ellipsoids in the future?
                      Chrome trim is staying;) I repainted the front bumper surrounds while switching the valence but definately need to repaint the rears to match.

I've been thinking about some euro ellipsoids, but they kinda fall in the same category as the euro bumpers (imo) - not a lot of bang for the $. I'm trying to keep the car "cheap"
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

i say take off the metals and hit them with a polisher. they will match the wheels better, and it doesnt cost you much ( polish and towels)
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I want to know how is the chick on the rock behind the car ?

Comment

Nice looking car - just noticed the front plate filler panel - is that just a cut down US plate mount? I like it - never thought of trying that!
                            Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Avus E30 View Post
                              minus the fu raze headlight delete I say awesome look. the wheels are just sexy
                              I agree. Car looks great, but the missing headlight takes it down a peg or two.

Comment

vlad - lol

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                                Nice looking car - just noticed the front plate filler panel - is that just a cut down US plate mount? I like it - never thought of trying that!
                                I think so, I did the same on mine when I couldn't find a plate filler.
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X