Added Plate Fillter and Trunk Lip to Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, guess I missed some questions / comments on this thread:

This car is a project car. I bought it with a blown auto tranny, shitty paint, broken lights, diving boards, seized brakes and a moldy interior. You can see some other threads in here on what I've done to it or read the sig for summary. I've done all the work myself, with a buddy, and my girlfriend. I'm not trying to have a better car than others, I'm doing my own thing.

For me projects are an evolution. I enjoy being part of the community and gaining and sharing ideas and whatnot. I buy, install, remove, sell, trade, etc. For those of you that strip the car, pop 10k into it, and then put it back on the road never to turn a bolt again... great and more power to you. I don't do it that way. Costs me more in the long run but I have more fun wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, and wrenching.

1.) I agree on the wheels that they are holding the car back. That having been said they aren't my favorite, but they're my favorite free ones. They're not from ebay but if they were so what? They work for now, don't look like complete ass, and I paid nothing for them. So they will stay until I get my 5 lug swap done and put the staggered style 5's from my E34 on it (see avatar).

2.) The plate filler was super easy to install. It was installed by my girlfriend actually. I ordered the euro version which was apparently cheaper but has license plate bolt holes in wrong places. She marked and drilled holes and then installed it.

3.) What the heck are MHW tails?

4.) I intended the trunk lip to be painted but put it on there for test fit and left it. I think it works.

5.) The symbols on tach are actually Japanese (my girlfriend is Japanese). It phonetically says "oopenkaa" which is Japanese for covertible (open car). This is probably the cheesiest part of the whole car, but I got into it.

6.) Yes I'm doing like Frank Sinatra... "my way". I believe everyone should do it their own way - dare to be different.

Up next... M30 5 speed swap. My way.

:-)

Rod
    sigpic
    Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
    Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
    Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
    Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
    www.vertnation.com
    My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

Painting the trunk lip and the stupid second black molding that sits right above the side skirts would do wonders for the car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Hey all, guess I missed some questions / comments on this thread:

This car is a project car. I bought it with a blown auto tranny, shitty paint, broken lights, diving boards, seized brakes and a moldy interior. You can see some other threads in here on what I've done to it or read the sig for summary. I've done all the work myself, with a buddy, and my girlfriend. I'm not trying to have a better car than others, I'm doing my own thing.

For me projects are an evolution. I enjoy being part of the community and gaining and sharing ideas and whatnot. I buy, install, remove, sell, trade, etc. For those of you that strip the car, pop 10k into it, and then put it back on the road never to turn a bolt again... great and more power to you. I don't do it that way. Costs me more in the long run but I have more fun wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, and wrenching.

1.) I agree on the wheels that they are holding the car back. That having been said they aren't my favorite, but they're my favorite free ones. They're not from ebay but if they were so what? They work for now, don't look like complete ass, and I paid nothing for them. So they will stay until I get my 5 lug swap done and put the staggered style 5's from my E34 on it (see avatar).

2.) The plate filler was super easy to install. It was installed by my girlfriend actually. I ordered the euro version which was apparently cheaper but has license plate bolt holes in wrong places. She marked and drilled holes and then installed it.

3.) What the heck are MHW tails?

4.) I intended the trunk lip to be painted but put it on there for test fit and left it. I think it works.

5.) The symbols on tach are actually Japanese (my girlfriend is Japanese). It phonetically says "oopenkaa" which is Japanese for covertible (open car). This is probably the cheesiest part of the whole car, but I got into it.

6.) Yes I'm doing like Frank Sinatra... "my way". I believe everyone should do it their own way - dare to be different.

Up next... M30 5 speed swap. My way.

:-)

Rod
        sigpic
        www.vertnation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
          I think the car overall looks good, and I can't believe I am the first to say this, but I think the eBay rims have to go.
          +1

Some Euroweaves or Ronal LS's would flow well with the car.
          Originally posted by BillBrasky
          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
          1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
          1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
          1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

5.) The symbols on tach are actually Japanese (my girlfriend is Japanese). It phonetically says "oopenkaa" which is Japanese for convertible (open car). This is probably the cheesiest part of the whole car, but I got into it.
            Cool. I like it.

Comment

Rod, You have a great looking car. Keep doing things your way! BTW, if you paint that car any color other than white, it will not look as clean IMHO.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

The double post was weird wasn't it?

Doing it My Way once again....

R
                sigpic
                www.vertnation.com