Buddy r3vs his wheel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emre View Post
    Any good driver can avoid a cat just fine. No need to total your car over it. That's why God created BMW CCA High-Performance Driving Schools.

Anyone who wrecks a car dodging a cat at such low speeds really shouldn't be driving. I'll bet my E30 that your buddy was using the classic F&F gangsta' lean with 12-o'clock hold driving position.

I try to avoid anything in the road, I am just saying what the football coach/driver ed teacher & the Beverly Hills Unified School System taught us in 1977.

What do they teach now in drivers ed?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i beheaded a rabbit with the control arm once. it was pretty

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        I try to avoid anything in the road, I am just saying what the football coach/driver ed teacher & the Beverly Hills Unified School System taught us in 1977.

Nothing useful? jk (kinda)

Run it over, then go back and take it home for dinner.

Honestly, I don't recall my instructor teaching us what to do. Probably hit it so you wont endanger other drivers. Every situation is different though... wouldn't want to hit a deer that could take the life of you and your car.

91 318is

Comment

They were talking about small animals, squirrels, cats etc. I just use good judgment & stay calm. I have never had anything happen I couldn't handle (yet)

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

in CA they tell you to it's your responsibility as the driver to evaluate the situation, and decide whether or not the animal can be avoided safely. if not, "brace for the G's" and keep on moving.
            PETA must have gotten involved somewhere along the line.

Comment

one time a possum somehow was ended up in the middle of my lane on the freeway, luckily I didn't panic and just went for it, i heard him thump the bottom of the car but could have been much worse swerving on the freeway, I also hit a deer once (about 15-20mph impact after hitting the breaks) and that guy fucked up my nice VW corrado, just front fender headlight and hood but still pissed me off.

I guess cats really do have 9 lives...

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                I'll bet my E30 that your buddy was using the classic F&F gangsta' lean with 12-o'clock hold driving position.
                lol, I'll ask him. Its unclear how he pulled it off to me, but I do know the cat darted across the road, and he jerked the wheel. I guess that's it. It's hilarious to me though.(not my car, and that car is quite...delapidated, albeit very fun)

And no he's not parting it out. He went out right before it started snowing here and got a diff and some axles from a yard (I haven't talked to him long enough to ask what the actual problem was)

And props to the guy who decapitated a fuzzy woodland creature. Takes patience and practice I bet :p

'90 325i

Comment

that'll buff right out
                  sigpic

Comment

I try to avoid anything in the road
                    Me too. Within reason, of course.

I am just saying what the football coach/driver ed teacher & the Beverly Hills Unified School System taught us in 1977.

I have no idea what they're teaching in driver's ed these days (last time I was in a high school classroom was back in the 80's anyway).

What I do know for sure is that this is exactly the kind of situation we teach our students to handle in BMW CCA High-Performance Driving Schools. Sure, most of us do track events for fun...but they really do teach you useful skills for driving quickly and safely in "real life."
                    sigpic
                    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

wow i lol'd

Originally posted by BimmerToad View Post
                      quality r3v, thanks for sharing
                      quality... nicely put!

Comment

Whenever I see an animal, or small child, in the road I usually speed up and aim for them.
                        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by E30FreaK89 View Post
                          yah i just pretty much dont do anything when an animal enters the road!! lol i just keep going. . . . . now it looks like you got alot of work ahead of you!! sorry to see that..
                          Insurance actually expects you to do the same. They wont help you if you say you tried to avoid and crashed, instead of saying you just kept going and had it hit your car. Then comes the adjuster to take samples of your car and find hair samples proving you hit it. Ask me how I know. My eta's been through a lot.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Poor bottlecap

Comment

it was worth it
                              Old and improved:

Comment

Working...
                              X