Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday pics with the e30. New lip installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday pics with the e30. New lip installed.

It was a nice sunny day in SoCal yesterday, so got the car washed and put on the new "IS" lip + mounted the old "I" lip on the "IS" ="ISI" lip.... :D It does not look half bad, it gives it a small air vent in the middle.
    The car is not that low, but with booth lips on the front I have about 4" clearance off the ground.

Took some pics, since I am thinking of selling this one and picking up a coupe.

For more pics go in here. http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/Der5er/325iC/

Looks pretty cool. What did u use to mold them together?

Comment

Interesting concept

Comment

not a big fan, the edges dont even meet. looks better IMO the other way around. like the creativity though.

Comment

Not a fan, the rest of the car looks good though.
          Reminiscing...

Comment

i like it, imo would look better if the edges were lined up had a ryan g splitter on the i lip. but none the less it looks nice.

Comment

Where did you get the European Number Plate.
              I want one, in SoCal too.

PM me.

Comment

take the "i" lip off

edit: what size tires ?
                Last edited by fmxomar; 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I like the car, but not a fan of how the lips are setup.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

True...you've tried it and now we see what that set-up can look like. Thnx for sharing.

Stunning convertible :coo:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I, then iS.

Comment

The two of them together looks pretty bad. They aren't even lined up straight.

Comment

Nuff's been said about the lips already, but I love the green. A black hardtop would look awesome as well.

Comment

Yea, it was a quick mod. After I mounted the "IS" lip and the "I" was right next to it, I figure what it would it look like if I put it underneath the "IS" Hence what you see now. It was pretty convenient that the holes where the clips go easy to use for the zip ties to attach on the "IS" lip after drilling some holes into it. I used double sided tape to try to get it straight, but the "I" lip is pretty thin.
                            If I do stick with the project, the next time around I would mold it together to give it a smoother look.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I might be selling her to get a coupe, even though my wife is cool with me keep two e30s. I don't think it would be practical to have four cars in a house hold of two people. Would be nice though.

Comment

That looks silly and cheap. Car looks nice otherwise. Undo.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                              X