Pics of my Cabby with rear headrests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my Cabby with rear headrests.

Shitty camera phone pics that don't do the car justice. The rear headrests look really sweet on cabs IMO

And yes, I know. I need to drop the car as the stock ride height sucks, but it's not a priority right now.

sigpic
    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Looks good man! SF bay? :up:

Question I notice for some cars in order for the rear headset they have holes through the top of the rear seats. Is that the case with yours? Looking for a set of tan one for my car.

Comment

I bought the brackets and grommets from a member here and I installed the brackets and punched holes in the top of the seat back and used the grommets, which are just like the one's on the front seats.

But yeah, you have to put holes in the top of the seat, cut a small hole with a razor blade and make sure it's centered, then install the grommet for a clean look even though the headrests will cover up the holes, it looks ghetto if you just punch holes in your seat and not install the grommets.

I had an extra set of headrests from my old front seats so I thought I'd put them on the back.

Easy job. Took about 45 minutes.

I really like the way it looks with the rear headrests. Now I just have to get busy with my "is" air dam and rear lip that have been sitting in my garage for the past several months.

After that, new HU and then I will add new shocks and lowering springs.
      sigpic
      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.

Comment

They look cool, but now be careful when putting the top up or down.

I have found that the rear headrests come in contact with the plastic rear window when folding the top up or down and can scratch it really easily.

My solution is a soft beach towel spread out over the headrests while I raise or lower the top...kind-of a pain in the ass, but keeps the window from getting all F'd up.

Comment

'Verts look better without the rear headrests and spoilerless imo, keeps the lines cleaner
          ///M Inside

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about that as I believe the headrests designed for the rear seats are actually smaller then the fronts. I used an extra pair of front headrests and haven't put the top up yet.

I can pull them out as they slide right in and out.

It's also a good idea to put a soft towel in place where the plastic window folds together when putting the top down so the plastic doesn't rub against itself and create a wear "band" like you see on some verts with rear plastic windows.

I'm sure just about every vert owner knows that trick though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonno View Post
              'Verts look better without the rear headrests and spoilerless imo, keeps the lines cleaner
              I would disagree, although everyone will have different tastes.

The addition of the rear headrests improves the looks of my car and other people who see my car all the time like my co-workers and friends have all given positive feedback, without being asked.

I'm also going to add a front "is" air dam and rear lip spoiler.

Again, it's a matter of different people liking different things. I used to own an 86 325 es and liked the front air dam and rear lip spoiler and I've seen them on 'verts and like the way they look.

I realize not everyone is going to like it, but as long as I like the way it looks that's what's important.
              sigpic

Comment

I likey! One day ill have a vert..

FOSHO

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

i have some nice head rests for you
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180242072583
                  Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
                  '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
                  '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by RedStar240 View Post
                    i have some nice head rests for you
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180242072583
                    I saw those earlier today while perusing ebay at work during my...uh...break.

Those would look sweet, but not in the budget. I had an extra set of Sport Seats from when I did my interior color swap from Navy to Black, and bought a set of brackets from a forum member for $45.00 delivered (Thanks boomer) and dyed the headrests black and installed them.

I would recommend this to any cabby owner, especially cabbys with DB's as it shortens the appearance of the car.

BTW, good luck with your sale, those are really sweet HR's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X