Matt325is's car is in time-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt325is's car is in time-out

This is verbatim from Matt Kosonen, he's too pissed right now to post this here himself, so he told me to do it:

I was doing 62mph on the way home from the e30 picnic and i heard a really bad mechanical noise from the engine, and lost all power... So I coasted to the shoulder and shut her down. And Tom was ther, and when I turned it over, coolant was spewing from the exhaust (wastegate mainly, since I had no gasket at the flange). I then trailered it home on Erich's trailer, and drove Erich's drifte30 home from Tom's house (which was fuckin amazing in itself). And haven't touched my car since.

We have our theories, but no conclusive evidence until i buck up and take her apart. I'm very worried that i just spent almost 1k on my head, and it's fuckin just gonnneee. So.... it's sitting in time-out in my parent's driveway, outside, sitting... like it should.

I believe it has to do with the incorrrect pistons (ireland f'd up back in the day and gave me 9:1 pistons instead of 8.5:1), and a custom cam that i put in that ireland made (the 280 duration, 11mm lift)... it could have been self-clearancing, and decided to call it quits further into it.

So that's all I know for right now, I assume once the Olympia PD talk Matt down from the clock tower, and get the rifle away from him, he'll get on and post a little more info about it. In the meantime, cross your fingers!

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Comment

Yea, its tough being the the fastest m20 turbo in the area. :razz:
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

That's why you let Ireland sell their chinese knock-offs to the other morons with money to waste.
        www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Originally posted by speedhop View Post
          That's why you let Ireland sell their chinese knock-offs to the other morons with money to waste.
          Oh snaps son.

Comment

yeah, 280 cam with turbo is a bit much. Should have stuck with the stock cam. As far as IE pistons go, they're as good as any other (unlike their other products), and if the mess-up happened with compression and he should kill IE for this.

Hope his head is fine, and it's just a blow head gasket.

Comment

280 cam is perfect for turbo. I have a 272 w/ 11.5mm of lift and love it. It is all about tuning and turbo selection.
              :: PNW Crew ::
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by speedhop View Post
                do you have proof that the pistons are china made?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                  do you have proof that the pistons are china made?
                  This should be interesting.

Subscribed.
                  ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

"erichs towing...you break it, ill bring it home. how can i be of assistance?"

haha but seriously..sad fucking day. ben, matt and i were cruising home and all the sudden...no matt. had to loop back only to find matt looking at the coolant leaking out of his exhaust onto the side of i-405:hitler: luckily my trailer was near by.

hope he gets it all figured out shortly.

Originally posted by rwdrift
                    Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
                    - Erick

Comment

ireland is passing off some crap-ass products though. their BBK was failing, their shorty headers are shit(i saw them myself), the messed up multiple orders i made from them, the IE SS exhaust is made in taiwan along with their headers, etc, etc.
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

They fuxxored Jordans pistons too, back in the day, did they not?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

That sucks. There was a IE Aluminum Radiator GB over on the Tech until TwoJ's linked the identical radiator on ebay for half the price that IE sells it for...

shifty.
                          Originally posted by Simon S
                          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            ireland is passing off some crap-ass products though. their BBK was failing, their shorty headers are shit(i saw them myself), the messed up multiple orders i made from them, the IE SS exhaust is made in taiwan along with their headers, etc, etc.
                            I agree with the headers part. I bought a set two years ago and they sucked.
                            Yours truly,
                            Rich
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Rigmaster
                            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                              They fuxxored Jordans pistons too, back in the day, did they not?
                              I think that was JE, not Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                              X