When I say "I'm on fire", I'm really trying to say that....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uber E30
    replied
    atleast it makes a cool sig =]

    Leave a comment:


  • Chachi
    replied
    well thats completely badass

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    be glad it wasnt the motor.. those arent fun to track down.


    hope it isnt anything major man haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Boosted_E30M50
    replied
    i think you caught fire due to your high speeds...that car runs on kryptonite right? lol

    Leave a comment:


  • shiftbmw
    replied
    Afterburners are the next Sportmax...

    Leave a comment:


  • alpinaclone
    replied
    Oh you drifters and your silly theatrics, you'll do anything to impress the judges.




    Srsly though, glad it didn't escalate past singed paint.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    Sure the fire wasn't from the build up of hot rubber back there?
    Doubtful. I would've exploded years ago :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    What about your filler pipe and the actual filler neck? With all that hard sloshing about you must get from getting sideways, I could see fuel getting up in there and getting out through a leak - a leak that might not really be notiacable when you are filling the car.
    Possibly. We still couldnt find anything though. The only thing I found is that the light rubber that surrounds the gas inlet is torn. I am not sure if it tore due to the heat, but if it was already torn, perhaps I spilled some gas when filling up the tank prior to the event.

    That was our best guess at the end of the day. Which really isn't good enough for me.

    We tried going a few more runs afterwards. Kept running the rest of the entire day with no problems whatsoever. No smoke. No fire.

    What really confused me is when I started hearing all of these "oh I saw (this/that)" stories from the spectators.

    - Erick

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Sure the fire wasn't from the build up of hot rubber back there?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    What about your filler pipe and the actual filler neck? With all that hard sloshing about you must get from getting sideways, I could see fuel getting up in there and getting out through a leak - a leak that might not really be notiacable when you are filling the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by backtrail69
    do you still have the charcoal canister hooked up? With those crazy tire temps and ambient temps i could see your fuel tank pressurizing alot and possibly pushing fuel past some seal.
    Yes, all of the fuel lines and system is still stock. The only difference from a completely stock system and mine are the injectors and the two wires from the MegaSquirt.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Yep. I looked there. It's behind the cover in the wheel well. No leaks there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...07&hg=16&fg=10

    expansion tank, bish

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    Tire fire?

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    do you still have the charcoal canister hooked up? With those crazy tire temps and ambient temps i could see your fuel tank pressurizing alot and possibly pushing fuel past some seal.

    Leave a comment:

Working...