When I say "I'm on fire", I'm really trying to say that....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    drop your gas tank and check all of the lines and also check for leaks. As for the ignition source????
    The ignition source was most likely the exhaust. That track had a "bump" on the road, which my low exhaust was scraping on.

    Unfortunetly, all of the spectators had their own story, and the only thing that matched in their stories was that the fire started after the bump.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pedro
    oh shit. you have no idea what caused the fire?
    Nope. After it happened I took my whole rear end apart in search for (what I'm assuming was) fuel leaks. Since it was the rear 1/4 panel, all I could think was fuel leaks. It spread out quite a bit too. It managed to hit the battery tray and the battery, as well as inside the wheel well, and the rear bumper as well.

    After taking out covers, cleaning everything out, we even started the car again and checked for leaks (perhaps under fuel pressure), but still found nothing.

    Leave a comment:


  • TDE30
    replied


    :D

    Yeah, that is much too close to the gas tank. Possibly battery-related?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    drop your gas tank and check all of the lines and also check for leaks. As for the ignition source????

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Damn that was too close to the tank for comfort! :crazy:

    Glad you didn't blow up.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    lets see the aftermath

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedro
    replied
    oh shit. you have no idea what caused the fire?

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    Smokin'

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Those pics really "fuel" the quote in your sig.

    Leave a comment:


  • When I say "I'm on fire", I'm really trying to say that....

    ....I'm ACTUALLY on fire. :p







    This is from my last event in July. Since then the car has been at the shop where I'm changing a few things and trying to figure out what caused this.

    Cause of fire: Completely unknown to me. I didn't even notice it until I was done with that run. The only leak I have right now is my shifter seal on the transmission... and how that made it to the rear passenger side (if it really did) is beyond me.

    I'm just thankful it was nothing but minor body damage.

    Enjoy,
    - Erick
Working...