BBS RMs... finally

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rogan
    replied
    I bought a set for RMs a few years ago. IIRC, they were about 70-80$ea for centers and rings.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Hey so i have recently found out that the caps are still available new from the dealer... i'll have to wait until i get the wheels in so i can get the part #s from them. So i'm guessing i'll need to go to a VW dealer? Wonder how much they run new.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • lowlightbw
    replied
    check ebay for the caps. if not there, then make a WTB thread on the vortex 4x100 classifieds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
    How does one actually go about this?

    You can only do it on "replaceable lipped" wheels, no?
    Yeah you need 2 or 3 piece wheels. Look at this link: click here That shows what you need to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray Smoodiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Bey
    Congrats! RM's are Hawt

    Run 2''+ lips with no valve holes and get some hidden valves.
    How does one actually go about this?

    You can only do it on "replaceable lipped" wheels, no?

    Leave a comment:


  • 318isbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    RM's > RS's any day :pimp:
    +1 love the rm's cuz their different haha. Everyone wants a set of rs's, stand out, get rm's.

    Yeah, he's still obsessed w/ the car, sadly, although his way of dealing w/ the misery is playing w/ his 01 M5, what a rough life he has.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    RM's > RS's any day :pimp:
    Really? I thought everyone liked RS's more? Now I feel so cool. :nice:

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    RM's > RS's any day :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Just a standard airbag wheel he wants to just remember the car.

    SO.... anyway know where i can get another RM center cap?

    Dave
    I need two more center caps as well (I have 6 of the BBS parts though...or I will soon ;))

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Just a standard airbag wheel he wants to just remember the car.

    SO.... anyone know where i can get another RM center cap?

    Dave
    Last edited by bimma360; 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Yeah i still have to send him the steering wheel back. Hahah... i promised him i'll send it back to him for his little shrine.

    Dave
    Whats so special about the steering wheel?

    I plan to refinish my wheels myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by 318isbmw
    HAHA yeah nwbmwclub.com has lots of vids of James racing all sorts of people in his old Dinan. He still is sad he got rid of it, was a freaking fun car to ride in and drive. Has pics framed of the car in his house still
    Yeah i still have to send him the steering wheel back. Hahah... i promised him i'll send it back to him for his little shrine.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicademus
    What have you been finding on dent fixing prices and such? Its pretty damn expensive (I'm in the same boat as you on getting some dings, dents, bends, and scratches out. :D)
    Here is the place... http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccsvcs.html

    They are very highly recomended. I've heard good things. However, i would not ask for them to refinish the wheel b/c that would get costly real quick... just a repair.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • 318isbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    hahah.. yeah its in NJ now. I've seen it once, when i went to drop off my own car for the swap. The drivetrain is in my car now... and the rest is stripped for me to sell parts off of. The guy i bought it from ended up being a good guy. But until the shipping company picked it up i was nervous as hell. You can still see it on youtube... if you google "dinan turbo e30" you'll find all sorts of history from the previous owner, inlcuding some vids of him spanking e36 m3's.

    Dave
    HAHA yeah nwbmwclub.com has lots of vids of James racing all sorts of people in his old Dinan. He still is sad he got rid of it, was a freaking fun car to ride in and drive. Has pics framed of the car in his house still

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Haha... I know right? Worst case scenerio I get the barrel fixed.

    Dave
    What have you been finding on dent fixing prices and such? Its pretty damn expensive (I'm in the same boat as you on getting some dings, dents, bends, and scratches out. :D)

    Leave a comment:

Working...