BBS RMs... finally

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by Money$hift
    Good call. Most of the info online is warehoused over at VWVortex.
    Here we go: ~ BBS Garage: All Things BBS~

    I decided to include all BBS wheels in the thread rather than just the RM's because other wheels such as the RS are similar and info could be useful amongst all BBS owners

    Leave a comment:


  • Money$hit
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicademus
    We should make a BBS RM discussion thread so that all the info is in one place. We can help each other out, post links, pictures, prices, fitment info and what not. .....I'll make one now.
    Good call. Most of the info online is warehoused over at VWVortex.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    We should make a BBS RM discussion thread so that all the info is in one place. We can help each other out, post links, pictures, prices, fitment info and what not. .....I'll make one now.

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogan
    vlad - I've got a euro 'cabriolet golf' badges for the mk1 cabby, if you want it.. it's new, still in vw plastic.. ive got no use for it anymore, since I've sold mine..
    PM sent !

    Originally posted by Money$hift
    Vlad, what size lips are you running on that vdub? I dont wanna get into rolling my fenders, but I want the biggest lip I can fit on there with out rubbing.
    I'll have to check... I know they're stagegred

    Leave a comment:


  • Money$hit
    replied
    Vlad, what size lips are you running on that vdub? I dont wanna get into rolling my fenders, but I want the biggest lip I can fit on there with out rubbing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rogan
    replied
    Originally posted by cferb
    Holy shit, that's a lot of money worth of wheels...
    indeed. I'm an old fart, so I've had time to collect :nice:

    Leave a comment:


  • Money$hit
    replied
    me too.









    getting my refurb'd this winter, pending if anyone has some bcaps w/winter tires they wanna sell me...

    Leave a comment:


  • cferb
    replied
    Holy shit, that's a lot of money worth of wheels...

    Leave a comment:


  • Rogan
    replied
    vlad - I've got a euro 'cabriolet golf' badges for the mk1 cabby, if you want it.. it's new, still in vw plastic.. ive got no use for it anymore, since I've sold mine..

    I sold my RMs to a guy is WA for just under a grand, and they were a little tired looking.. not beat, but definitely in need of some attention. the OE lips are so soft, and bend quite easily.. I've had about 6 sets of RMs in the past.. One set of RS' that were 'lifted' when someone broke into my basement in '96. Took all my wheel sets.. 15" Borbet A's, 16" RS, 17" LMs, 17" Enkei JLips, and a set of 16" type Cs..
    yeah, I used to be a wheel-whore, too..
    :(

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    They look good and all but thats a LOT of damage.




    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    I have a set of BBS RMs on my VW, I rebuilt them with new Kodiak lips and new bolts, they do look hot when properly done with a nice lip

    Leave a comment:


  • lowlightbw
    replied
    im in the final stages of refinishing my RM001's and let me tell you its been fun, interesting but fun. i should be putting them together later today. i got gold bolts and 1.5" lips from BFI and im happy with the service and quality. the german made lips on ebay have a nicer overall quality, but the BFI lips are nice. ill post pics in my thread when im done! good luck with yours.
    -ben

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! I've been eyeing up blackforestindustries for a while now. The bolts are a little more expensive now but aren't that bad still. I'll be buying my lips from them as well. I still need a center cap, so if anyone has one to sell let me know.

    Alright now I'm off to Penn State.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Rogan
    replied
    A refurb'd set of RMs with new lips will run you in the neighborhood of 1500-2000, anyway..

    If you have to get new lips, you going with Kodiaks?
    When I was running RMs back a few years ago, I found a place that sold BBS-style bolts for much much cheaper than BBS.. I think they were like 70c/ea or something, and were quality items. If you like, I'll try to see if i can find their number/website again.


    edit:
    blackforest:
    Last edited by Rogan; 09-06-2008, 03:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • theox69
    replied
    hey, great buy!
    i bought mine for much more than that..although they were repainted and had new lips and bolts...and came with tires but that doesnt matter..
    im sure you'll have fun refinishing these and bringing them back to life

    Leave a comment:

Working...