BBS RMs... finally

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nicademus
    replied
    I just bought BBS RM's last weekend. One of my barrel has a descent size dent. One of the lips has a small dent as well. I'm missing two center caps too. Oh and they could all use a refinishing.

    I didn't realize how much places charge to fix wheels. It's kinda of ridiculous in my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Hey! Those are Garret's RMs!!! Well yours now, but I know that kid! haha we're pretty good friends. That's awesome you're getting those man! Good luck with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • pwagon717
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Well after drooling over the RMs for as long as i can remember... i finally bought the wheels i have always wanted. Next step is to buy some new lips... haha. Now.. if anyone wants my 15" ACS's you know where to PM.



    Dave
    So you the lucky guy that bought those from gbaby. He just listed those on vortex

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Lol, maybe it was this dude i saw at my school:



    Hahahahaha

    I think you should go as big as your willing to pay for. So get the 2" ones. Its not that huge of a deal to roll the fenders. If you dont want to crack the paint, you can just cut those big lips youd be rolling out. I did a combo of both but im running 16x9 et15 (the rears are effective et of 2.5mm) And a 215, 45 tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yakinho
    replied
    Holy shit, did he drive over a metal curb? Good luck, should look great when they're finished.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by So Live
    Go for 3" in the rear and 2's up front :)
    Haha... That may be a little too much for me. I think the most agressive I'll go will be 2" lips all around. Currently I have brand new 205/50 tires which I'll be using on the RMs. My issue is I'll be somewhere a little over 300hp at the crank and a crap more torque. With the 2" lips I won't be able to run 225/50 in the rear without looking foolish and having to do real agressive fender work. So if I want to run 225s it's a 1.5" lip and if I'm willing to stick with 205s and a small fender roll then it's the 2" lips.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Oh no no... Assembley will be done by me. And I'm not anticipating repairs on all 4 wheels. Either way it's worth it! I've dumped so much money rebuilding this car in the last 8 months and doing this Dinan turbo conversion, I can't skimp out on the wheels when it's all said and done.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Kwaaahhh
    replied
    Damnn so $850 + 600 for repair/assemble + $500-600 for lip. Damnnn around $2g for rm, sheesh hope its worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Go for 3" in the rear and 2's up front :)

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Still undecided on the lip size.

    Yeah he ended up taking the 850. As far as barrel damage, I really hope not. But I guess we'll see. I have a place around here that does a really good job repairing wheels and their ave. cost is about 150 per. The paint on the wheels looks to be pretty good, so this way I don't have to worry about putting time in on paint. And I can just order up some lips and call it a day.

    Dave

    Edit: oh yeah, and I still need one more center cap.

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Dave, did you end up paying $850 shipped? I was looking at those but I wasn't going a dime over $700 for wheels I couldn't roll on before I rebuilt them. That, and anything with that much bent lip probably has some barrel damage too.

    Congrats on your purchase.

    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • speedhop
    replied
    Holy lord...what did the idiot do to them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bey
    replied
    Congrats! RM's are Hawt

    Run 2''+ lips with no valve holes and get some hidden valves.

    Leave a comment:


  • So Live
    replied
    Wow those are beat up!

    Good luck with those, im sure theyll be sweet when your done.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    started a topic BBS RMs... finally

    BBS RMs... finally

    Well after drooling over the RMs for as long as i can remember... i finally bought the wheels i have always wanted. Next step is to buy some new lips... haha. Now.. if anyone wants my 15" ACS's you know where to PM.



    Dave

    Update:

    9/25 Pg.5
    Last edited by bimma360; 09-25-2008, 11:02 PM.
Working...