BBS RMs... finally

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by pw-motorsport
    Thank you for the order, pleased the centre caps have arrived.

    Philip
    P W Motorsport Ltd
    Whoaa... and out of left field... the guy i bought the centercaps from. That was some super fast shipping Phillip, i was actually very shocked. Glad doin business with ya. Stick around.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • pw-motorsport
    replied
    Thank you for the order, pleased the centre caps have arrived.

    Philip
    P W Motorsport Ltd

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Thanks guys! For a second there you guys had me worried... haha.

    Dave
    Don't worry. I just sold my piece of shit, total garbage BBS RM wheels. Keep in mind they were missing two caps, all had been curbed to hell, all had scratches everywhere, and all of them but one had bends (in barrels and lips). I got $500 for them and a set of VW Teardrop wheels w/ almost new tires. I also had other interest in them. I think if you have BBS RM/RS wheels you can always find someone to buy them no matter the condition.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Thanks guys! For a second there you guys had me worried... haha.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Awesome news man, congrats on the buy!

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Yeah the new ones are a pain in the butt to take off... i felt like i was goin to loose a finger in the process. I'm def planning to hold onto the old ones as spares. Funny thing was... the guy really wasnt lieing about the wheels being two years old. The barrels and caps that are on there are in almost new condition, the bolts as well. The only thing i need are some lips and some valve caps and i'm set.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Bey
    replied
    Glad to hear that the barrels are ok! Hang on to the extra caps incase you lose one again. The caps on my RM's feel a little loose and I can remove with with my fingertips. I thought they were screw on but they just pop into place. I'm scared to drive around with them on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Thats good that only the lips are bent. It would be worth it to just buy new lips rather than have those ones fixed I think. I guarantee you could resell those extra caps on eBay easily too, but I'd probably hold onto them as backups. Too bad they don't screw on like the RS centercaps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Greekstyles
    replied
    I HAVE RM's FOR SALE IF ANYONES INTERESTED!!!! OR STRAIGHT TRADE! PM for details!

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Fixed.
    Last edited by bimma360; 09-25-2008, 11:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Those would be nice center caps if I could see pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    So they finally came on Monday....





    Whats in the brown box?



    While I was waiting for the wheels to arrive... I was in search for for another center cap. I ended up buying 4 brand new OEM BBS Caps. $148 shipped from the UK...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/BBS-RM-centre-ca...742.m153.l1262



    Just wanted to see all four with caps...



    Close up of the very bent lip....



    And lucky for me no damage at all to the barrel.... in fact all four are in perfect shape..




    More to come later as i start taking the lips off. Unfortunately, BFI has 2-4 weeks before they get more lips in.
    Last edited by bimma360; 09-25-2008, 11:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicademus
    If you do that let me know too, ok? I could give you the part numbers off my RM's?
    Yeah i'll def post what i find in here. I guess no need for the part numbers yet... i'll just wait to get mine and then we can compare. And i'll def keep this thread updated with pictures. Hopefully i'll get them in sometime next week.

    Dave

    Leave a comment:


  • Majjic
    replied
    post some picts@!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Nicademus
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    Hey so i have recently found out that the caps are still available new from the dealer... i'll have to wait until i get the wheels in so i can get the part #s from them. So i'm guessing i'll need to go to a VW dealer? Wonder how much they run new.

    Dave
    If you do that let me know too, ok? I could give you the part numbers off my RM's?

    Leave a comment:

Working...