Haha... I know right? Worst case scenerio I get the barrel fixed.
Dave
BBS RMs... finally
Collapse
X
-
you are a braver man than I. I would be kinda sketched out by that huge dent. GLLeave a comment:
-
Chris from e30tech is doing the swap. Great guy and its the only time i've felt my car is being taking care of the way it should.
As far as the drivetrain goes... its yours if you want it. Hahah... i actually sent you a PM about it about a month or so ago figuring you would be interested. However, i think we might have miss understood eachother b/c you gave me the impression you were only offering me $300 for it. After that i never got a response to my reply to you. I think a good i motor is worth around $500, a 5spd swap kit $500, and a limited slip diff $200. 143K on everything, and its to my interest to get rid of all 3 before i go and pick up my car. Make me a reasonable offer on all 3 and they're yours.
DaveLeave a comment:
-
who and where in NJ are you doing the swap ? I may be interested in the drivetrainUmm i basically have the big items left... i've been too lazy to make a for sale thread. Plus the'll be in Jersey until i go and pick up my car. Either way, i've got the interior, all four doors, my old drivetrain (engine, 5spd swap kit, 3.73lsd), umm.. trunk lid, oh and that rare arms rest/cup holder in mint condition (which i do have, and should put up int he classifieds haha).
DaveLeave a comment:
-
Umm i basically have the big items left... i've been too lazy to make a for sale thread. Plus the'll be in Jersey until i go and pick up my car. Either way, i've got the interior, all four doors, my old drivetrain (engine, 5spd swap kit, 3.73lsd), umm.. trunk lid, oh and that rare arms rest/cup holder in mint condition (which i do have, and should put up int he classifieds haha).
DaveLeave a comment:
-
hahah.. yeah its in NJ now. I've seen it once, when i went to drop off my own car for the swap. The drivetrain is in my car now... and the rest is stripped for me to sell parts off of. The guy i bought it from ended up being a good guy. But until the shipping company picked it up i was nervous as hell. You can still see it on youtube... if you google "dinan turbo e30" you'll find all sorts of history from the previous owner, inlcuding some vids of him spanking e36 m3's.
DaveLeave a comment:
-
Wait??? So you received the car though right? I mean you have seen it in person? If not I like in Seattle and would be happy to go pay the guy a visit ;)
Yeah i'm very excited to get these. Unfortunately, i have to hold off buying the parts for the wheels for a few weeks until my car gets the engine conversion done to it. Speaking of which you want to see a scary internet purchase?
I picked this up back in April. Saw it on the forum.... decided I really wanted the drivetrain in my car, and just pulled the trigger. Wire-transfered $4000 to him, and $1300 to a shipping company. Shipped it from WA to NJ where i'm having the transplant done. I gotta tell ya, the day i wired him the money for the car i was sick to my stomach. So many variables in this whole process that a lot of stuff could have gone wrong. Knock on wood so far so good.
DaveLeave a comment:
-
i posted a pic of a somewhat side angle, let me know if youd like a better picture. i know its not the best.
-benLeave a comment:
-
Yeah i'm very excited to get these. Unfortunately, i have to hold off buying the parts for the wheels for a few weeks until my car gets the engine conversion done to it. Speaking of which you want to see a scary internet purchase?Oh you don't even have them yet? I bet you're excited to get them in your possession. I mean that's a big purchase over the internet from some anonymous person. I mean someones feedback could be 100% and I'd still be a tiny bit scared with that kind of money, but I know it will be fine. That guy is legit from the word on the street. :D
I picked this up back in April. Saw it on the forum.... decided I really wanted the drivetrain in my car, and just pulled the trigger. Wire-transfered $4000 to him, and $1300 to a shipping company. Shipped it from WA to NJ where i'm having the transplant done. I gotta tell ya, the day i wired him the money for the car i was sick to my stomach. So many variables in this whole process that a lot of stuff could have gone wrong. Knock on wood so far so good.
DaveLeave a comment:
-
Oh you don't even have them yet? I bet you're excited to get them in your possession. I mean that's a big purchase over the internet from some anonymous person. I mean someones feedback could be 100% and I'd still be a tiny bit scared with that kind of money, but I know it will be fine. That guy is legit from the word on the street. :DLeave a comment:
-
For sure... He should be sending them out beginning of next week. I'll take some pictures when they arrive... and so forth.
DaveLeave a comment:
-
Hey man i saw your thread. The 1.5" lips look really good. Would you be able to snap a quick pic from a side angle... i just want to see the depth with the lip on. Like i said... 225s in the rear is tempting.im in the final stages of refinishing my RM001's and let me tell you its been fun, interesting but fun. i should be putting them together later today. i got gold bolts and 1.5" lips from BFI and im happy with the service and quality. the german made lips on ebay have a nicer overall quality, but the BFI lips are nice. ill post pics in my thread when im done! good luck with yours.
-ben
Mariano, yeah the lip on that one wheel is pretty messed up. Regardless, i bought these with the intent to change out the lips.
Necademus... great idea on the thread. I'll be sure to post when i'm finally done with mine.
DaveLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: