My new E30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreedS4 View Post
    I just bought my first E30 about two months ago and I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures. I traded my rusted out 1993 GMC Jimmy and $1,500 cash for her. It's basiclly bone stock, with the exception of running Bilstein Sport shocks and Racing Dynamics springs (the older green ones, which I'm told are the preferred RDs). It's my daily driver for now, until November when I go to Texas for UPT with the USAF, then it'll become my new "project car". It's got 130,xxx miles on it and doesn't really have any "issues" other than what you'r expect out a 20 year old car (i.e. "used" seats, torn shift boot, mostly just well-used pieces). I've done a few things to it already (E36 window switches, black door pulls, painted the brake ducts, replaced the 6-button OBC with a digital clock) and I've got some plans for it in the days to come. Anyways, I'm used to wrenching on RX-7 TurboIIs, but I've been extremely happy with my purchase. They weren't lying when they told me that BMWs were fun to drive.

[ATTACH]14213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14217[/ATTACH]
    my brother just got dropped off to leave for texas for basic for the USAF
    and people said i'd become nothing to these people i say, C======3 < theres my nuts lick 'em

Comment

Originally posted by jakeE30'90 View Post
      my brother just got dropped off to leave for texas for basic for the USAF
      What's his job? Does he know yet?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

So the MAF is being held up by Zip Ties? I guess that's better than it dangling on it's on weight stretching the intake boot out moar...

Btw, I love the gauges/radio positions. It's like you don't even have a radio! haha
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

nice

car reminds me of my car ......just not as kleen lol great buy.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

dude, just checking back and i love the mods, especially the radio to gauge cluster swap. i could have used a oil px gauge right before my car leaked dry...

Comment

^ agreed. i like the gauge mod. looks nice and clean.

really nice fc btw. when i wanted a beater second car i was between an fc turbo II or an e30. i figured i already had one torqueless wonder so i got an e30.

pics of the ls1 swap?
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                So the MAF is being held up by Zip Ties? I guess that's better than it dangling on it's on weight stretching the intake boot out moar...

Btw, I love the gauges/radio positions. It's like you don't even have a radio! haha
                Yeah, the M30 AFM is being help up with Zip-Ties until I can get a bracket made for it.

I wasn't sure how'd I'd like the look of the radio in the glove box and the gauges in it's place, but I think it turned out looking really clean. Thanks for the comments.

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                car reminds me of my car ......just not as kleen lol great buy.
                Still have to give her a good coat of wax, but she's in pretty good shape.

Originally posted by kenped86 View Post
                dude, just checking back and i love the mods, especially the radio to gauge cluster swap. i could have used a oil px gauge right before my car leaked dry...
                What's going on Ken? You're in Little Rock now right? How's training? Do you have yours running again? Didn't get a chance to see the progress you'd made before you headed out. I'm down in Corpus now, so we may be flying together sometime in the future. Take care man.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                ^ agreed. i like the gauge mod. looks nice and clean.

really nice fc btw. when i wanted a beater second car i was between an fc turbo II or an e30. i figured i already had one torqueless wonder so i got an e30.

pics of the ls1 swap?
                I really miss my FC, it was a blast to drive. And with simple mods I was running the 13s all day (high 13s mind you). I'll see about getting some pictures of the LS1 swap. Turned out looking like something Mazda had done from the factory, it looks real clean.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

clean and simple.. i dig it

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
                    clean and simple.. i dig it
                    Much appreciated, always try to keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      pics of the ls1 swap?
                      Just got a couple of pictures from my buddy of his LS1/FC swap.

He's in the middle of prepping it for a re-spray, so the body doesn't look great right now.

In person, it look like a factory install. This picture doesn't do the swap justice.
                      Last edited by FreedS4; 03-20-2010, 09:31 AM. Reason: Added pictures

Comment

New exterior shot...

Comment

Originally posted by FreedS4 View Post
                          Just got a couple of pictures from my buddy of his LS1/FC swap.

He's in the middle of prepping it for a re-spray, so the body doesn't look great right now.

In person, it look like a factory install. This picture doesn't do the swap justice.

Where's the rotary???:tsk:

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
                            Where's the rotary???:tsk:
                            In the bin.

Where it belongs.
                            Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
                              Where's the rotary???
                              The 13B is a great turbo-charged motor. In fact, he had a big turbo on there and it ran well, until an apex seal blew and killed just the engine and turbo. Decided to go with the trusty LS1 instead of building another rotary.

Comment

VERY CLEAN! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
                                My car Is Kinda not really similar to yours.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                                1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                                1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Working...
                                X