Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new E30...

RECENT UPDATE ON PAGE 6

I just bought my first E30 about two months ago and I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures. I traded my rusted out 1993 GMC Jimmy and $1,500 cash for her. It's basiclly bone stock, with the exception of running Bilstein Sport shocks and Racing Dynamics springs (the older green ones, which I'm told are the preferred RDs). It's my daily driver for now, until November when I go to Texas for UPT with the USAF, then it'll become my new "project car". It's got 130,xxx miles on it and doesn't really have any "issues" other than what you'r expect out a 20 year old car (i.e. "used" seats, torn shift boot, mostly just well-used pieces). I've done a few things to it already (E36 window switches, black door pulls, painted the brake ducts, replaced the 6-button OBC with a digital clock) and I've got some plans for it in the days to come. Anyways, I'm used to wrenching on RX-7 TurboIIs, but I've been extremely happy with my purchase. They weren't lying when they told me that BMWs were fun to drive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	7209787

Name:	Front DS.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	7209788

Name:	Front PS.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	7209789

Name:	DS.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	7209790

Name:	Interior.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7209791
    Last edited by FreedS4; 08-08-2011, 09:42 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

That is one clean e30, reminds me of my car before it got crashed

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

wow your car looks very very clean. Looks very well maintained

Comment

Originally posted by jp_slick View Post
        That is one clean e30, reminds me of my car before it got crashed
        I can handle having electrical/mechanical problems, but a clean body is a must!
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

that car is SUPA clean. i vant vun.
          1987 325is Black/Black
          -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Wow, that Jimmy couldnt have been worth more than $1k, so it seems you got one hell of a deal. Congrats on a great platform to build on
            sigpic
            both these cars are gone :(

Comment

car looks good what kind of shift knob is that?

Comment

good start...keep up that quality of work throughout the rest of the project!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimsill View Post
                  Wow, that Jimmy couldnt have been worth more than $1k, so it seems you got one hell of a deal. Congrats on a great platform to build on
                  It wasn't worth even that much and I laugh every time I drive by the place I traded it in to.

Originally posted by bignate948 View Post
                  car looks good what kind of shift knob is that?
                  I believe it's a Nardi. Not a BMW specific knob by any means. I'll be getting a standard BMW knob at some point, but there's other things worth spending money on right now.

Originally posted by Doozer796 View Post
                  good start...keep up that quality of work throughout the rest of the project!!
                  That's my intentions! It'll be a lot easier to work on it when I get to Texas and get another DD. Looking forward to getting into the non-maintenance related projects.

Comment

interesting mtech stripe on the steering wheel.
                    neat idea!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                    function>form

Comment

Nice, steal some of those TurboII calipers for the front of the e30.
                      Matt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
                        interesting mtech stripe on the steering wheel.
                        neat idea!
                        Thanks! The M-Tech stripes were looking rough so I figured why not change it up. Glad someone actually noticed it!

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                        Nice, steal some of those TurboII calipers for the front of the e30.
                        I didn't know that was an option. Do they bolt right up to the E30s? If that's the case, I'll have to look into it. I definitely miss the 7, but the BMW is a whole different beast.
                        Last edited by FreedS4; 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Here's some of the ol' TurboII...

Name:	Final RX-7 Pictures 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	7108127

Name:	Final RX-7 Pictures 003.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	7108128

Name:	Final RX-7 Pictures 004.jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	7108129

Comment

my dad just bought a 91 318is couple days ago and looks exactly like that.
                            great buy though :up: very clean too! its nice to see people going from japanese imports to Bmw's
                            E30 325I > SOLD
                            E30 318IS > SOLD
                            E39 530I > SOLD
                            EP3 > SOLD
                            95 M3 > SOLD
                            97 M3 > DD

Comment

Originally posted by MG325i View Post
                              my dad just bought a 91 318is couple days ago and looks exactly like that.
                              great buy though :up: very clean too! its nice to see people going from japanese imports to Bmw's
                              I've always been a German car guy, just never had the opportunity to purchase one as nice as this. I do miss the Wankel though!

Comment

Working...
                              X