Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 325e has been pulling family duty. (Pics added!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you eta baby hauler looks better than most of the cars on here, good job! :up:
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Bad ass big guy. Mine has been fired for family duty we usually take the fuckn 5.9 dodge... fuckn abortion of a vehicle.
      try to keep the buster happy with the eta.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        The other thing is, when you are talking about your wife and kids and transport, you want something that will run and not leave them stranded. You cannot beat a Sienna/Odyssey in that department.
        Good point. Another big issue is safety. The Sienna is like a rolling vault with 12 interior airbags. God forbid my pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter were in an accident in a frickin' E30.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
          I've been trying to reason with my wife a way out if the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesy minvan, It so far has been a losing battle. In her eyes, if not the gay minivan, it would be a super flaming prison rape homosex SUV. It's a lose, lose either way.
          I dont understand why some women insist on trying to make some guys do shit like this.

Originally posted by aSpecD_ View Post
          ps. nice sedan though!
          i wish my dad had a taste in cars, or at least had any interest in them
          but that's far from possible. he drives a champagne gold 95 oldsmobile. horrible.
          As soon as you said you wished your dad had taste in automobiles, I pictured a car very similar to what you said you had hahaha.

Originally posted by euro3 View Post
          Wife, Kid, stroller, diaper bag, groceries.......

I love E30s, but an E34/E39 Touring would make life better.
          Oh yeah. I know Im going to need more room and Im definitely going the E39/E34 wagon route.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles Magnet:
          hhahahaa. Caption time!

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          I'm going to echo Dave on this one...

My wife bought a Ford Windstar last year for her daycare business, so she could fit all the kids in when they need to go somewhere. While I'm still trying to get over owning one, I cannot deny how convenient it is. Everything fits! Once I get back to working steadily, we're going to sell it and get a VW Eurovan, tho. Gotta have something with a least some kind of Euro-cred. :D
          Originally posted by VacMan View Post
          Remember how you didn't know shit about being a Dad and can't believe how much your life has already changed? Don't knock the minivan, you'll soon learn what managing a toddler is all about. Get back to me the first time your wife comes out of the store with a 16 month old kicking and screaming while trying to push a cart of groceries and then load everything and your daughter into a tiny little E30 with a car parked next to yours.

Our Sienna with power sliders and power tailgate is worth it's weight in Blunt Cum(tm). Not to mention we can actually take other people with us when we want to go somewhere.
          OK I knew Id catch shit for that comment. Sorry for offending the people with minivans. I do know that there is a purpose for everything and see the benefits of such a vehicle. Its a little personal thing that I will consider it a small victory if I somehow find a way to go through life without owning one. So far, Im doing well, my family never had one. ts just a funny little joke thing to me. Sorry, guys. And you have a huge point about the room issue.

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post

better idea
          Oh Ive had that seat in my sights for a LOONG time. Ever since I knew Recaro had one, its been on the top of my list of things to get when I had a kid.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
            Good point. Another big issue is safety. The Sienna is like a rolling vault with 12 interior airbags. God forbid my pregnant wife and 2 year old daughter were in an accident in a frickin' E30.
            hmm. I dont know. Ive seen many people get in lots of accidents in E30s that impressed me thoroughly as to the safety of this car. Granted, the Sienna is safer but Im simply saying that the E30 is no death box by any means.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
              Sorry for offending the people with minivans.
              Nah, I am not offended. Hell, I even "admitted" on another thread that I am a member of the siennaclub.org forum.

Even after our kids are all grown, i think we will always have one as a utility vehicle/people hauler.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Congrats on the kid and now you can all cruise together down the strip in style.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Great to read things are going superbly with the Mariano family! :up:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

OK I knew Id catch shit for that comment. Sorry for offending the people with minivans. I do know that there is a purpose for everything and see the benefits of such a vehicle. Its a little personal thing that I will consider it a small victory if I somehow find a way to go through life without owning one. So far, Im doing well, my family never had one. ts just a funny little joke thing to me. Sorry, guys. And you have a huge point about the room issue.

Oh Ive had that seat in my sights for a LOONG time. Ever since I knew Recaro had one, its been on the top of my list of things to get when I had a kid.

Mariano
                    None taken. I just have a feeling your wife might be helping you eat your words in the future. Hell, my wife swore up and down that we wouldn't be a minivan family and now there's no way you'd get her to give it up.

BTW, we have 2 Britax Boulevards. They don't say Recaro on them, but the Onyx one doesn't look bad in the cabrio. They're not cheap, but they're some of the safest you can buy.

hmm. I dont know. Ive seen many people get in lots of accidents in E30s that impressed me thoroughly as to the safety of this car. Granted, the Sienna is safer but Im simply saying that the E30 is no death box by any means.

Mariano
                    I agree that the E30 is safe for its time and a very durable car. My BIL hit a tree doing about 35 and walked away. It didn't even break any glass. However, there's no comparison to a modern 4100lb van with side curtain airbags.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    Nah, I am not offended. Hell, I even "admitted" on another thread that I am a member of the siennaclub.org forum.

Even after our kids are all grown, i think we will always have one as a utility vehicle/people hauler.
                    Uhoh, I'm a member there too. I should have kept those Lexus 18"s and put them on the van. The DVD volume always drives me nuts, too. But I digress. :D

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by alpinaclone View Post
                      I've been trying to reason with my wife a way out if the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswafflesy minvan, It so far has been a losing battle. In her eyes, if not the gay minivan, it would be a super flaming prison rape homosex SUV. It's a lose, lose either way.
                      325i touring or 525i touring. duh.
                      My feedback:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

My first accident was when I was 5 riding shotgun with my dad driving our 84 318i. Plowed into a traffic light at about 45. Needless to say the e30 was totaled, but the passenger tire just dug right into my footwell, came up towards my feet a few inches, and that was it.

No airbags, pretty crummy seatbelt technology back then, but not a scrape on either of us. I fully trust an e30 :dunno
                        WTB: 318is/325is/325i coupe SoCAL

Comment

Honda odyssey FTMFW! My mom rocks one and it's awesome, good gas mileage, smooth ride, kind of fast too. It really doesn't feel like a minivan when you drive it either, more like a big sedan. Only maintenance we've done after 180k is change the t-belt and it still runs like a champ.

stl ftw

Comment

Feed the cat to some asians.
                            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

lucky baby. 8) Looks like an awesome home to grow up in.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

looks clean. i like your mirrors a lot.
                                AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X